VFL Round 9 Richmond v Essendon - Dreamtime Double Header at the G | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Round 9 Richmond v Essendon - Dreamtime Double Header at the G

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Well that was a crap decision. What a come back!

I only saw the last quarter but Miller was great. Looks like he's really starting to use his strength.
Showing his AFL build now and I liked some leadership he showed around the ground. It's always great watching kids develop.

Reactions: 1 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
I think Bradtke has had a lot of “nearly” moments the last two weeks. Dropped a few marks he should’ve taken, missed some shots, got run down in the goal square :oops:. It’s only his 5th VFL game for the club and 7th overall. People need to be patient with him. He has definitely shown some signs, just needs refinement

Reactions: 6 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Sonsie in defence is just ridiculous. Loved his centre clearance late in the game, he should be playing midfield every week. I understand why they’re trialling Bauer down back (who I thought struggled today, has been good otherwise but still in my opinion I’d prefer him forward), but Sonsie down back is a real head scratcher

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Sonsie in defence is just ridiculous. Loved his centre clearance late in the game, he should be playing midfield every week. I understand why they’re trialling Bauer down back (who I thought struggled today, has been good otherwise but still in my opinion I’d prefer him forward), but Sonsie down back is a real head scratcher
Limped a bit in the end. Hopefully all OK.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Amazing comeback win,was working and checking scores, accepted that they had won till.i checked yhd scored surprised.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Thinks it is for a defensive lesson.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Well that was a crap decision. What a come back!

I only saw the last quarter but Miller was great. Looks like he's really starting to use his strength.
Yes, found the way we are playing and shocking errors hard to handle, but couldn't stay away and did switch back on for last 10m.
Amazing turnaround - from what I can tell, some effective moves by Moro to stack the FL with our talls in support of Bradtke to stop their intercept marking and rebounds. Smart because Tresize is game as a very undersized ruck but did the job by leaping and competing.

From what I saw Cumbo and Miller really played very well; big final Qs. Well done to the boys; but it has to be remembered that both AFL and VFL GCS teams thrashed us this year.
If we don't get back to the draft and make some good selections, we will be further surpassed IMHO. Anyway, happy ending. :D

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
Showing his AFL build now and I liked some leadership he showed around the ground. It's always great watching kids develop.
Agreed. I wonder (hopefully) if this will be his turning point, when he realises he can lead, he should take responsibility, he can step up and turn a game.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Just did the one screen shot of the top Richmond possession winners, no point going down any further:

tScreenshot_20230520-172839_VFL.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Thinks it is for a defensive lesson.
Whatever the reason it’s frustrating because he would’ve been jostling for Dow for midfield time in this weeks AFL game I’d have thought, then finds himself down back :unsure:

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Have only attached top Richmond possession getter screen shotView attachment 19294
Miller seems to have gained confidence from his stint at AFL level, did some nice things. Really like Biggie up forward, hope we persist with that. Should’ve had a couple more goals (cumbo stole that one late from the free in the goal square:ROFLMAO:).

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Did you think he was stiff to be dropped TF, like me? I thought it was an improved game from him last week. Sure, if Nank is fit, we want him back in the side. But he better be 100% - don't want another quick breakdown like with Lynch, Soldo, Tarrant, Gibcus et al.

Miller just needs to build his confidence; get a bit harder. Never going to be tall enough to compete with the huge No.1 ruckmen, but his versatilityis his value. If he can rest forward and be a marking/goaling threat, or be able to drift back and take some relieving marks, could be another Benny Gale type.

But I really think he is showing AFL traits that give him a future with us, along with young Ryan. Soldo is looking the most vulnerable to me.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yes, found the way we are playing and shocking errors hard to handle, but couldn't stay away and did switch back on for last 10m.
Amazing turnaround - from what I can tell, some effective moves by Moro to stack the FL with our talls in support of Bradtke to stop their intercept marking and rebounds. Smart because Tresize is game as a very undersized ruck but did the job by leaping and competing.

From what I saw Cumbo and Miller really played very well; big final Qs. Well done to the boys; but it has to be remembered that both AFL and VFL GCS teams thrashed us this year.
If we don't get back to the draft and make some good selections, we will be further surpassed IMHO. Anyway, happy ending.
Don't think it was Tresize that rucked but he played a big role in the last. We do have another long haired dude that goes in there occasionally.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Did you think he was stiff to be dropped TF, like me? I thought it was an improved game from him last week. Sure, if Nank is fit, we want him back in the side. But he better be 100% - don't want another quick breakdown like with Lynch, Soldo, Tarrant, Gibcus et al.

Miller just needs to build his confidence; get a bit harder. Never going to be tall enough to compete with the huge No.1 ruckmen, but his versatilityis his value. If he can rest forward and be a marking/goaling threat, or be able to drift back and take some relieving marks, could be another Benny Gale type.

But I really think he is showing AFL traits that give him a future with us, along with young Ryan. Soldo is looking the most vulnerable to me.
Yep, after last 2 wins we should've kept him in, but I suppose Nank is our co-captain and can't be demoted to 2nds. Just hope he doesn't mess the rucking tonight. All ahead for Big Ben.