VFL today | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL today

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Didnt see the game but from the highlights it looks like Cal Moore is going from strength to strength.

Was Markov the most likely promotion?

Big Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jul 15, 2013
Bernie said:
I'm recalling 1973 watching theU19s, reserves and then the big boys win at the MCG.

If my recollection is correct, the suburban affiliated side, can't recall the suburb, won the 4th's.

C'mon history buffs, please confirm.

If I'm wrong about '73, then it was the following year as I attended both the '73 and '74 GFs.
it was '73 as the slogan was four more in seventy four the next year. Essex Heights was our so called "fourths".

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Big Tiger said:
it was '73 as the slogan was four more in seventy four the next year. Essex Heights was our so called "fourths".

Yep in 73, we won everything of memory, even the little league. I think its in the Herald GF colour lift out souvenir but I don't know where I have it to confirm 100%

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
Dash said:
From memory we lead the goal kicking for u19s, 2s and 1s... Peter Lane, Mark Jackson and Michael Roach.
Thats right think BT was still in WA in 1980

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
YinnarTiger said:
Does your membership card get you in or give you a discount to get into the VFL gf?

Lol.

Goddess checked online yesterday n I think the admin price to Eddiehead was some ridiculous amount like $23.33. believe there's also a booking fee of about $7.50 per transaction as well.

Old Maso might need to go into hibernation for a while if he does Prelim win sat. Magoos Granny win sun. Granny sat week with a big fat victory thrown in as well. Got a feeling I'll be suffering a massive does of finals fatigue.

whites tiger

"OTG"
Apr 30, 2008
The highest attendance figure for a VFL Grand Final at Etihad Stadium is 23,816 for the Footscray v Box Hill 2014 GF. Can we smash that one out of the park?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Anyone else notice how much Jayden Short looks like Geoff Raines when he runs, he's got the same smooth loping slightly hunched over running action.
Gee if he turns out to be half the player Rainesy was it'd be great

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I like Shorty.

Was looking at him and thinking he runs like someone.

TT half as good I will take.

Hope he isn't in any trade discussions.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Thought Chol did some nice things, didn't dominate but had a hand in 4 goals.

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
TT33 said:
Anyone else notice how much Jayden Short looks like Geoff Raines when he runs, he's got the same smooth loping slightly hunched over running action.

Quick, give him the number 4 now. The guy that's wearing it is embarrassing it.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
TT33 said:
He runs similar to our former great no.8 Kayne Pettifer, hunched over.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
bullus_hit said:
Thought Chol did some nice things, didn't dominate but had a hand in 4 goals.
Has filled out nicely as well.

Good thing is he can down back or up forward.

Callum Moore is another one. Not your traditional KPF but can play tall or small. Has kicked around 8 goals this finals campaign. Not a bad effort.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
TigerMasochist said:
Lol.

Goddess checked online yesterday n I think the admin price to Eddiehead was some ridiculous amount like $23.33.

$25 seems reasonable for a Grand Final (and two other matches being played).