VFL today | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL today

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Smoking Aces said:
Callum Moore is another one. Not your traditional KPF but can play tall or small. Has kicked around 8 goals this finals campaign. Not a bad effort.

Kicking looks much better, well done to the coaching staff.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
A very good victory to Port Melbourne today against a fancied Williamstown.
Gart Ayres and Port will be keen to take down an AFL-affiliated opposition in the grand final, but I have confidence that Craig McRae and the players will get the job done at Etihad next Sunday afternoon.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Bullarto Tiger said:
A very good victory to Port Melbourne today against a fancied Williamstown.
Gart Ayres and Port will be keen to take down an AFL-affiliated opposition in the grand final, but I have confidence that Craig McRae and the players will get the job done at Etihad next Sunday afternoon.

People may snigger at Ayres but his coaching record for Port Melb is bloody good.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
jb03 said:
People may snigger at Ayres but his coaching record for Port Melb is bloody good.
Must admit i had a bit of a snigger at his hair. What's going on there?

Reminds of that Twin Peaks episode where the dude goes grey over night.

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
Giardiasis said:
Both QF winners beaten in the PF. Hopefully not things to come for the AFL.

This is one of the things that worries me.
We have to be switched on from the first bounce.
GWS will be attempting to get off to a flier, to subdue to tiger army.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
If Nahas gets a game then be fun watching him being tackled hard and eating some dirt with our new tackling pressure game. Still remember how cocky he was at the Roos playing against us and treating us like dirt...let him eat some now.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
evo said:
Must admit i had a bit of a snigger at his hair. What's going on there?

Reminds of that Twin Peaks episode where the dude goes grey over night.

Albinoed overnight. Strange to me too.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
TT33 said:
Anyone else notice how much Jayden Short looks like Geoff Raines when he runs, he's got the same smooth loping slightly hunched over running action.
Gee if he turns out to be half the player Rainesy was it'd be great

And his career twice as long ...

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
tigermike said:
If Nahas gets a game then be fun watching him being tackled hard and eating some dirt with our new tackling pressure game. Still remember how cocky he was at the Roos playing against us and treating us like dirt...let him eat some now.
I remember his smart arse swagger. Be good to bury him.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Kaelan said:
Is playing port our favoured result what is our W/L record against them this year

they beat us convincingly rd 3 IIRC, in saying that i believe we are a better chance against them than willi

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
taztiger4 said:
they beat us convincingly rd 3 IIRC, in saying that i believe we are a better chance against them than willi
That was as good of performance as I've seen from a VFL team, imho we have improved a hell of a lot since then .

Hope Stevie Morris pays real close attention to Nahas

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
jb03 said:

Agree, has down really well but no-one gives him a crack back in the AFL.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
asian tetley said:
This is one of the things that worries me.
We have to be switched on from the first bounce.
GWS will be attempting to get off to a flier, to subdue to tiger army.
I'm very confident that this team is on a mission and no way they will not come to play. They will bring the same manic tackling and chasing pressure to GWS at the start of the game as they did to Geelong. Stats of previous games are irrelevant. Look at how we demolished the hoodoo Geelong had over us for 13 encounters.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I went to the last Port-Tiges match at North Port Melbourne Oval or whatever its called...

It was a hell day for Tigers supporters!

Port completely dominated us.

They looked bigger, faster and stronger.

They moved the ball with ease and pushed us aside seemingly at every contest.

We need to eradicate that game from our minds and set about retribution.

We have definitely improved since then but it is still going to be a herculean task!

GO TIGES!