victoria police <weaK) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

victoria police <weaK)

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Say what you like about the Vic. cops-at least they were able to catch 'run,Benny,run.'

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
10 years ago a friend has told me today, they use to give a 10% difference.
so you only get fined in a 60 zone if you are going 66 and 110 in a 100 zone

now you can be going 102 in a 100 zone and get done and a point....besides the speeding argument....

i believe a lot of police do take the easy way out though of not going after the true criminals but just going after the petty crimes like, drunks, kids roaming the streets at night and BEACH BALLS AT THE CRICKET....geez

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Bunnerz said:
10 years ago a friend has told me today, they use to give a 10% difference.
so you only get fined in a 60 zone if you are going 66 and 110 in a 100 zone

now you can be going 102 in a 100 zone and get done and a point....besides the speeding argument....

i believe a lot of police do take the easy way out though of not going after the true criminals but just going after the petty crimes like, drunks, kids roaming the streets at night and BEACH BALLS AT THE CRICKET....geez

Every speed reading is adjusted down by 3. It says so on the fine. I should know.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
Bunnerz said:
This is total crap Bunnerz.If only you knew.

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
well man, another exampe was last week there was an underage rave at a local hall near my house, a lot of people knew there was going to be trouble as there is every year. And guess what - there was huge puch ups afterwards, bashings, damaged cars, letter boxes etc.

where were the police you ask?

at a house beacuase the music was too loud and it was past 11pm.

after parents quizzed police, the argument was "they only have 2 cars patrolling this local area now" this local are now has 100 000 people.

And i cant believe the police did not know about this underage event also.hmmm

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Bunnerz said:
well man, another exampe was last week there was an underage rave at a local hall near my house, a lot of people knew there was going to be trouble as there is every year. And guess what - there was huge puch ups afterwards, bashings, damaged cars, letter boxes etc.

after parents quizzed police, the argument was "they only have 2 cars patrolling this local area now" this local are now has 100 000 people.

Thats the problem of the organisers and the council i would reckon, as for no cops well thats the governments fault.

Hope you didnt re elect do nuthin Bracksy Bunnerz, cos hes the reason there aint no cops.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne
craig said:
Bunnerz said:

Thats the problem of the organisers and the council i would reckon, as for no cops well thats the governments fault.

Hope you didnt re elect do nuthin Bracksy Bunnerz, cos hes the reason there aint no cops.
Spot on Craig

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The term overworked and underpaid is very apt for the police force according to a detective friend up here. They do plenty of unpaid hours in what is often a very stressful job. Police resources are low but that's not their fault. There are bad apples in every profession but overall I feel very protected by our police system and think they do a great job given the circumstances.

Something that concerns me is if police conditions deteriorate it won't be as an attractive career proposition and people who'd be well suited might decide to do something else. That would make room for less suited people to fill such important roles.

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
rosy23 said:
The term overworked and underpaid is very apt for the police force according to a detective friend up here.  They do plenty of unpaid hours in what is often a very stressful job.  Police resources are low but that's not their fault.  There are bad apples in every profession but overall I feel very protected by our police system and think they do a great job given the circumstances.

Something that concerns me is if police conditions deteriorate it won't be as an attractive career proposition and people who'd be well suited might decide to do something else.  That would make room for less suited people to fill such important roles.

Difficult and often thankless job, but police are very well paid (as they deserve to be) and there holidays and superannuation are just about the best any worker in the country are awarded.

the golden

former hawk cheersquad feral : D
Nov 20, 2004
in the gold
s6.invisionfree.com
Bunnerz said:
i think these guys need to start doing something....

they were so weak at the g12 rally.

reason i write this also is i just got done $134 for being 106 in a 100 zone..

what a bloody joke, they should be catching real criminals instead of taking the easy way out
i remember also i got bashed from behind about 6 years ago and then they were so so weak in there attempts to fix the situation

thoughts?
was that via a camera ? any way 10o zone is a 100 zone you know the rules ! :police:

the golden

Nov 20, 2004
in the gold
s6.invisionfree.com
rosy23 said:
The term overworked and underpaid is very apt for the police force according to a detective friend up here.  They do plenty of unpaid hours in what is often a very stressful job.  Police resources are low but that's not their fault.  There are bad apples in every profession but overall I feel very protected by our police system and think they do a great job given the circumstances.

Something that concerns me is if police conditions deteriorate it won't be as an attractive career proposition and people who'd be well suited might decide to do something else.  That would make room for less suited people to fill such important roles.
very true and to have to see what they see day in day out tough job and trying to get more police to help the others since we lost heaps when jeff was in

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
struggletown3121 said:
Difficult and often thankless job, but police are very well paid (as they deserve to be) and there holidays and superannuation are just about the best any worker in the country are awarded.

How much do they get paid struggles?

I don't know which section of the police force you're referring to and maybe things are different here in the country where they can be asked to work several hours overtime each week and not get a cent extra for it. From conversations I've had with a friend who's the senior detective for this area work conditions for police aren't ideal.

the golden

Nov 20, 2004
in the gold
s6.invisionfree.com
rosy23 said:
struggletown3121 said:

How much do they get paid struggles?

I don't know which section of the police force you're referring to and maybe things are different here in the country where they can be asked to work several hours overtime each week and not get a cent extra for it.  From conversations I've had with a friend who's the senior detective for this area work conditions for police aren't ideal.
when my dad started [now retired] i think i remember him saying he only got $70 every two weeks not sure what he got in the end but what rosy sad is right lots of unpaid overtime risk of losing their lives to a crook etc they earn every penny !