Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Sad to see him go, few deficiencies but young so could have worked on them. I suspect he would have held on had they not reduced list sizes.

Hope he finds somewhere to play and does well.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Essendon, Hawthorn, Suns, North, The Crows or Melbourne would be made to not sign him.

He‘s going to be on a list. Good luck kid, wrong club wrong time.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Agree with others, will be gobsmacked if he doesn't play elsewhere next year

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Essendon, Hawthorn, Suns, North, The Crows or Melbourne would be made to not sign him.

He‘s going to be on a list. Good luck kid, wrong club wrong time.

This.

Should be the first delisted player signed up.

Im a bit spewing but trust the club.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
That Port game was probs the killer blow for him I reckon.

Kangas might go for him after he carved them up this year.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Thought he played a couple of pretty decent games but was really found out in his last couple. It seemed a little bit like he'd lost interest. Was always going to be tough to get a regular gig in that backline though.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
the Egg has been scrambled .. 50/50 player for me .. not so surprised, good luck to him hope he gets a gig somewhere .

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
he has admitted himself previously that he had struggled with the demands of training, being on time etc
But that's his job FFS and it's a privileged position that so very few manage to get. Can understand if you decide that AFL footy's not the life for you n you decide to walk away n try something else in life. But simply can't be *smile* turning up to do your job on time n properly, when it's supposedly the life ambition, MEH.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The club are pretty astute these days and we needed to trim our list. As we have a number of Egg's type of player already on the books he got the short straw. Good enough player for another club to pick up and continue his development

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Also a victim of being similar to a few other players on our list.

There must be a club who will pick him up.

DS

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yep, tend to agree. Pretty final sort of determination on him. No suggestion of a rookie redraft.
There is a new rule (yesterday?) that players can be moved directly from the main list to the rookie list, avoiding doing it via the draft.
That Eggs wasn't shifted to the rookie list is a clear statement