Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Bomber supporters are jizzing all over the place for Egg as a replacement for Saad.

Thats disturbing news to me

Because it almost forces me to concede that there are some smart essendon supporters.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Gold Coast should take him , We could say thats where Richmond players go when cant get a game for the Tigers and they can tell all the kids at Gold Coast what a great club Richmond are and should come here ;)

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Article on the AFL site from a few days ago suggests he'll be invited to train with Richmond from January 6 with a view to being re-rookied.

Reactions: 1 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Was disappointed when delisted. We have spent time developing him and he has been good when called upon. Just needs to put on a bit of muscle so he isn’t pushed off the ball too easily.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Article on the AFL site from a few days ago suggests he'll be invited to train with Richmond from January 6 with a view to being re-rookied.
can he be re-rookied as a CatB?
if not it would be strange to 'upgrade' him to a Cat A rookie and lose a little list flexibility.

if it is true it probably gives credence to someone's rumour that he has struggled with the committment needed.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Was disappointed when delisted. We have spent time developing him and he has been good when called upon. Just needs to put on a bit of muscle so he isn’t pushed off the ball too easily.
Strength wasn't his problem, watch the Port H&A game in the third quarter he had no appetite for any sort of contest.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Strength wasn't his problem, watch the Port H&A game in the third quarter he had no appetite for any sort of contest.
Yeh, that quarter was as bad as it gets. Didn't compete. He does have some AFL traits though so won't be surprised if he is rookied somewhere.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
He almost got a BOG for 1 of his games, just needs to be more physical and get better at 1 on 1 contests.

Definite potential.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
I think he’s 100% got some great AFL traits but I also think his aggression for the contest is terminal as far as AFL football goes.

Is Addam Maric an unfair comparison?

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Not a fan of this. Has been in our system for 4 years and still lacks the discipline and intensity required at the elite level. The club should move on and give someone else a chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Not a fan of this. Has been in our system for 4 years and still lacks the discipline and intensity required at the elite level. The club should move on and give someone else a chance.
3 years, 2018,2019 & 2020
He was selected 2018 Rookie Draft (held on 27/11/17) as a Cat B

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
3 years, 2018,2019 & 2020
He was selected 2018 Rookie Draft (held on 27/11/17) as a Cat B
Didn't Eggsy also have some serious leg issues in his first year? Shin splints or compartment syndrome in his calves, or something like that n missed most of his first season.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I also think his aggression for the contest is terminal as far as AFL football goes.
I tend to somewhat agree but remember that Shorty was bagged for a while as poor in a contest but look at him now, a ahrd tackle guy. a B & F and premier player. Shows that if you want it bad enough, you can make it bigtime. Maybe is Emma Murry can work on Egg's mindset he could make it

Reactions: 4 users