Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

A bit of hype from the commentators which inflated things, but his 2nd half was good for a deb. Lot to like and likely gets a few more runs

Where has Michael Gale's mullet gone, i wanted a mullet to mullet guernsey presentation ;) :)

Good to see Balme front and centre and looking healthy. Has faded from the news a bit, I assumed due to health issues.

Didn't know Hugo was related to the Hawthorn player, but I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

Moved well and gave a glimpse of better things to come. Shame about Rioli's handball to his ankles in the third quarter!

Reactions: 1 user
Think it will be a big step up. Far more experienced side is Brisbane than the one GWS put out. And they're in great form.

Thought Ralphsmith acquitted himself well. Only thing is I thought he let opponents get around him too easily at times. Will need to work on that.
Geez I don't. GW threw the kitchen sink at us.

Not intending to pot the kid as I think he has plenty of potential.

But it looked like he did not understand the game plan or his role yesterday. Often lost in no man's land.

Again not a criticism. Thinking he is better for the exposure but not ready yet.

Had his taste. Needs to go back to the VFL to get his craft up to a higher standard.

Not intending to pot the kid as I think he has plenty of potential.

But it looked like he did not understand the game plan or his role yesterday. Often lost in no man's land.

Again not a criticism. Thinking he is better for the exposure but not ready yet.
You may be correct TF , Generally they learn the “Richmond way” at VFL , maybe a lack of VFL over the past year may have a bit to do with that .

I’ll say this for him, he was fearless. Crashed and bashed.

And looked to go fast when he had the ball.

Long way to go but had a dip.

Reactions: 3 users
I’ll say this for him, he was fearless. Crashed and bashed.

And looked to go fast when he had the ball.

Long way to go but had a dip.

yeah, thought he did ok in a tough environment, got involved, didn't look scared, ran with the ball and good disposal. Like most of the young mids is not up to speed on the defensive side, that will come.

Great to see him kick his goals. We have something here, but agree, a likely out for Pickett.