Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Don't think he'll be in Dimma's plans next week, injury or otherwise.
Why? He was good against the Dogs last week. You are going to get this roller coaster ride of performances with kids.
There should be others dropped ahead of Ralph. And if Dimma drops him and the likes of Parker stay in the team, then it’s Dimma who should come under scrutiny.

Reactions: 4 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Like the kid but he goes to ground too often. Needs to work on keeping his feet.
And needs to be cleaner with his hands whilst I’m at it.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Why? He was good against the Dogs last week. You are going to get this roller coaster ride of performances with kids.
There should be others dropped ahead of Ralph. And if Dimma drops him and the likes of Parker stay in the team, then it’s Dimma who should come under scrutiny.

Spot on
Hugo is no guarantee to make it but has genuine potential and time on his side. Keep playing for now for sure.
Parker is all endeavour but with little prospect of being anything other than someone to call up when better players are injured/unavailable/managed.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Spot on
Hugo is no guarantee to make it but has genuine potential and time on his side. Keep playing for now for sure.
Parker is all endeavour but with little prospect of being anything other than someone to call up when better players are injured/unavailable/managed.
Spot on. Parker will have his moments, but he’s a stop gap player with a limited future. Play the youngsters and give them some consistency. The core of the team that won us Premierships was built by getting games into young players.

Reactions: 1 user

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
He was non stop running yesterday. Running harder and continually than anyone else on that field. From the grandstand thought he was good. Burnt the odd ball but who didnot?

Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
He was non stop running yesterday. Running harder and continually than anyone else on that field. From the grandstand thought he was good. Burnt the odd ball but who didnot?
I agree with you mate. He was doing a power of running in fairly hot conditions. Just kept trying to provide an option.
Not always effective and burnt some opportunities but I liked his endeavour and selflessness.
Fairly gassed at times at the end of a chain of play. But I’m sure he was playing to instructions.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Can't question Hugo's endeavour, early days, but I'm not sure he's defender. Don't know what his best position will be, thinking it might be on the wing.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Started well but McInerney destroyed him after half time.
McInerney is a terrific footballer. Thought Hugo had the better first half, but then beaten in the 2nd.
Good development and on the upwatd trajectory

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
Need to keep playing him, out of all our younger guys he is one of the most exciting and has shown great improvement

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
He and Ross are close right now.

McInerney is a very interesting player. (Ross and Hugo changed early on him.) McInerney is too one-way and can be very soft. But he keeps running. Running wins football games.

But Hugo had a big moment. The ball went wide from a CB, seemingly favouring McInernery. Hugo read it better and committed, Hugo put 1m on McI in a heartbeat. He broke a line. That is gold. Hugo can accelerate.

He s totally RFC 2024.

• Love

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Is lacking composure. Very frustrating. Needs to lift in the last.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Played drunk.
He would have hand balled 3 times to a player covered.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I said in early pre-season training reports that Hugo couldn't hit a target inside 50 even under no pressure and tonight that's unfortunately what I'm talking about.

Reactions: 4 users