Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

Yep...seen enough unfortunately.

Will continue to support while in yellow and black but doesn't look up to it

Reactions: 1 user
That effort against Heeney in the last (?) quarter was woeful.

Should've traded him to GWS whilst we had the chance.

Not for mine dont see it.

Soft and doesn't put his body in when he absolutely needs to and the side needs him too.

3 -4 years and he still doesn't do it, hasn't improved his skills, impact or physicality.

Needs to lose the BS hair cut as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
What I don’t understand is that Hardwick likes tough stand up men that are uncompromising and don’t flinch.
I can see why he picks Mansell even though I disagree with it.
Why dies he pick this bloke. Ross has played heaps better

I don't mind him sometimes but can anyone think of a player who lacks courage /mongrel and silk/footy smarts that's made it? Athletically he's greatest strength but not sure that will cut it. Jury's out. Still young. Let's see

Reactions: 1 user
Cannot play in the back half if we play him again. He's a liability back there. Cost at least 2 goals that I remember in the 2nd half, might have cost 1 or 2 in the 1st too.

His skills just aren't good enough to be turning the ball over in our back half. We need to switch from pure speed, to good disposers. We have Bakes and Dan Rioli who dispose beautifully out of the back half, but when you have Vlastuin miles out of form, Balta playing poorly, we can't have another with poor ball use.

We haven't turned the ball over in our back half this poorly for a decade. We need a radical change back there and Hugo isn't it. It was exactly the same last week, poor ball use in our defensive half resulted in a shedload of inside 50's against when we should have been moving the ball forwards.

Hugo definitely isn't the answer back there. I'd like to try good ball users back there, Clarke maybe, or Sonsie or even give Banks his debut, maybe even playing Pickett half back and having that burst and good disposal coming out of the back half.