Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Hugo Ralphsmith

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Either the best or close to it, game I've seen Hugo play. Ran the wing really well, but was also good around stoppage. 4 clearances and a team high 11 contested possessions I would assume are career bests for him. Seemed to lower his eyes and not try too hard with his kicking, went for shorter targets. Enjoyed his game tonight. Hope he and Banks keep those wing spots for a number of weeks now, give them a good block of games to run the wings together.

Reactions: 6 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Played much better tonight. My main concern is if he can back it up. I really liked the way he ran down the ground into space to receive a kick in maybe the 2nd quarter and then iced it with a pass to MRJ right in front, who kicked a goal. He has many limitations but one thing he does have is speed and that was using his speed intelligently and it led to a goal.

Play like this and he might stay on our list.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Played a really good game. I've knocked him in the past but he's a goer, has speed and covers the ground. We need more goers as they can play to a system and contribute every week.

Reactions: 3 users

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
Easily his best game for the club. Intensity and composure in a high pressure game of football. If he can make that the standard, he has a future.

Reactions: 2 users

Webbie26

Tiger Rookie
May 17, 2023
Wha
Played much better tonight. My main concern is if he can back it up. I really liked the way he ran down the ground into space to receive a kick in maybe the 2nd quarter and then iced it with a pass to MRJ right in front, who kicked a goal. He has many limitations but one thing he does have is speed and that was using his speed intelligently and it led to a goal.

Play like this and he might stay on our list.

What are those limitations? To me he is one of the more talented players and hard workers we have at the club his kicking maybe but hes worked on that and looking pretty good. Runs all day like mcintosh but actuall wins the footy and competes hard. Should play the rest of the season in my opinion as ive been saying for weeks!!!!

NZtiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2008
Wellington
I've been a critic but he played very well tonight.
I’ve never seen anything about him that screams footballer. He must train hard and do what coaches ask him because he keeps getting games, but to me never showed improvement.

I’d still need to see him produce a lot more of what he showed last night to think he’s worth persevering with, but fair play to the lad for getting involved a lot more and having some kind of impact on a game. Hope he can keep it up.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Played within his limitations. Disposal much better.
Agree.
Several times held onto the ball waiting for the cavalry.

Old Ralphsmith would have tried too hard and turned the ball over.
Great lesson learned , first do the basics well.

Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I still have no idea, with this bloke. But he should’ve had another 20 games already played ahead of McIntosh over the past 18 months. I just hope Yze gives him a “Dow“ run of games the rest of the way.

Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
I still have no idea, with this bloke. But he should’ve had another 20 games already played ahead of McIntosh over the past 18 months. I just hope Yze gives him a “Dow“ run of games the rest of the way.

Don't think he deserved em though. On either form or bad habits.

Suspect teaching him at the VFL academy has been the best thing for him.

For one - He's had to learn that being non negotiable when it's his turn to go is what's needed before playing with the big boys.

Reckon last night was the first time that's happened all match at AFL level.

Our VFL program is first class. Nothing wrong with players young or old being taught the right habits and way to play before earning their gig.

Reactions: 11 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Either the best or close to it, game I've seen Hugo play. Ran the wing really well, but was also good around stoppage. 4 clearances and a team high 11 contested possessions I would assume are career bests for him. Seemed to lower his eyes and not try too hard with his kicking, went for shorter targets. Enjoyed his game tonight. Hope he and Banks keep those wing spots for a number of weeks now, give them a good block of games to run the wings together.
agree. I thought Pickett play well in the centre and around the ground, maybe the younger boys on wings and Pickett as a "tagger"?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Didn't think he was all that bad last week within an ordinary mob against Wet Coke. Biggest issues career wise for Raaalllph have been his getting the hands dirty at times n a slight lack of composure of ball use / retention. He's always had one hell of a set of wheels to open games up with. Did an honest nights work of getting the hands dirty, ball use just that little bit better and all of a sudden he's among our best players for the night. Way to go Raaalllphy, done well. Still under 40 games played so now should be the time he starts to blossom n consolidate his career.