Welcome Jacob Koschitzke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Koschitzke

Who cares if it dosent.
Apparently he has worse hands then Miller & Clay Sampson combined.
What are we doing???
So what. He’s a tall forward. Get him him.
Well who do you reckon we get? Gulden, Bont, Petracca for a future 3rd?
Trade our late 20’s and 40’s picks for pick 5?
You’ve got to have the right draft picks, the salary cap space and willing players. We’ve got bugger all to deal with.
Thats what and why we’re doing what we are

Reactions: 3 users
No one is saying kosi is a world beater but if he can play a role and take some pressure off Tommy then he can be valuable.

What we need is a young forward coming in behind him, or a free agent targeted in the next year or so

Well, we have 'apprentices' in Samsun and Bauer in those roles, so not really sure what is the need for Koschitzke ... aside from extra injury cover I presume. Probably the biggest fear is if Tom has ongoing problems. But Kosi is just a passable 'spare' most likely.

So, we better not be paying the Dorks 'overs' for him - a player clearly surplus to needs there. Maybe we would have been better off trying to get old mate Dimma to give us a good deal on getting Cholly back.

The AFL is becoming a comical roller-coaster re players. Witness all the failed, rejected, out-of-form and favour, 'about to be delisted' players who suddenly become prized at this time of the year, and grossly over-valued, e.g. the Bummers getting media plaudits for taking a 35 y.o, Goldstein. On our case Biggie maybe going free to Norf.

It's a media joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Who cares if it dosent.
Apparently he has worse hands then Miller & Clay Sampson combined.
What are we doing???
Difference between Miller & Jacob is Jacob is hard at the ball & hits the pack hard.

Plus he has kicked multiple goals on a few occasions including a bag of 5

Not going to be a world beater but if he can get us a goal or 2 a game & crash the packs he will be more than handy

Reactions: 10 users
Well, we have 'apprentices' in Samsun and Bauer in those roles, so not really sure what is the need for Koschitzke ... aside from extra injury cover I presume. Probably the biggest fear is if Tom has ongoing problems. But Kosi is just a passable 'spare' most likely.
We were short on talls this year ( no pun intended) and we have delisted Bradtke and lost Jack. We need 2 more.

My view is that Ryan is a ruck primarily and Bauer a 3rd tall forward , more in the Gunston mode

Reactions: 5 users
Difference between Miller & Jacob is Jacob is hard at the ball & hits the pack hard.

Plus he has kicked multiple goals on a few occasions including a bag of 5

Not going to be a world beater but if he can get us a goal or 2 a game & crash the packs he will be more than handy
Now Koschitzke is a pack Buster.
Blokes that watch Hawthorn reckon he can't mark.
I'm pretty sure Marking is a prerequisite as a forward.
But if we are picking him up because the draft ends at pick 9, that's fair enough.

Reactions: 1 user
We were short on talls this year ( no pun intended) and we have delisted Bradtke and lost Jack. We need 2 more.

My view is that Ryan is a ruck primarily and Bauer a 3rd tall forward , more in the Gunston mode
Sure, I agree, and don't forget Tarrant gone and most likely Biggie. But Bauer played 1/2 games this year and Ryan about 14 (?) so they weren't exactly regulars.
But I agree with getting JK in; just not at an inflated value that flatters the Dorks. Especially with our depleted draft hand. If they want too much, I'd rather tell them to stick it (as if that will really suit them trying to find a way to get Chol in!!) and take our chances on finding another KPF later in the draft.

Reckon Tigers could get that output regularly out of Bauer.
100% agree on the goal output of Bauer, not so much the crashing of the packs. Bauer doesn’t have the body shape or the build to be the one crashing packs.

Bauer has good hands. Is good by foot. Will kick goals if given the chance.

I think Kozi is the backup forward and lynch back up plan honestly. Lynch, correct me if I’m wrong. Missed part of last year foot injury. Missed all pre season, foot injury. Missed most of this year, foot injury. Already confirmed to miss part of pre season at least. Foot injury. This is a guy who hasn’t played since April this year, expected to miss at least the start of pre season. With the same injury.

Reactions: 2 users
Reckon Tigers could get that output regularly out of Bauer.
Yes maybe we could , but we were already light on for key forwards & now Jack has retired.

We will most likely give up bugger all to get him so best case we have a ready made key forward who another club has put the hard yards into , worst case will probably have cost us a late ish pick

Do you want to go in with just Lynch & Bauer as our only key forward options ?

Kosi deal done expect announcement tomorrow or Tuesday
If the deal is already done on Sunday scooter then why would it possibly be announced on Tuesday instead of Monday??? The world's got internet now, even old farts like me know important announcements are instantaneous.

But if we are picking him up because the draft ends at pick 9, that's fair enough.
Draft could end at pick 28 ziga ziga ziga n we'd still have the same problem.
Koshitsme on the cheap is big enough to play key position, either forward alongside the Lynchman to learn a bit of craft. Or back where he started out, and help release Balta or Gibber to be used as forwards.
Samsung looks more ruck, Funky n Biggie haven't grabbed a spot yet, so at the moment we're in dire need of someone big who might be able to help out.

Just noticed he didn't play in his first 2 seasons meaning he's only played 3 since debuting.
Which is fairly normal, esp for big blokes.
He played a good first season under Clarkson.
Then Sammy is in charge and its a new role and he goes backwards.
I dont know why, so I'm not blaming the coach. But i think there is something amiss which is why he wants out.

Which is fairly normal, esp for big blokes.
He played a good first season under Clarkson.
Then Sammy is in charge and its a new role and he goes backwards.
I dont know why, so I'm not blaming the coach. But i think there is something amiss which is why he wants out.
Worst case scenario if he can't make it as a KPF is have a back up KPD. I don't think it'll end up that way personally, am rather optimistic he can contribute up forward. If we eventually find players to fill the gaps up forward later move him back possibly to his preferred position in defence.

Worst case scenario if he can't make it as a KPF is have a back up KPD. I don't think it'll end up that way personally, am rather optimistic he can contribute up forward. If we eventually find players to fill the gaps up forward later move him back possibly to his preferred position in defence.
Balta forward.
Kosi back

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users