Welcome Jacob Koschitzke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Koschitzke

If we take our chances in getting him in the psd we might be a bit stuffed.

1: WCE
2: North
3: HAWTHORN
4: Gold coast
5: Fremantle
6: Us

Reactions: 1 user
Unless we cough up I don't reckon it gets done. Here's why.

Hawks move Brandon Ryan, offer Kossi two year to keep him.

If they get Gunston back with Chol, they will sell Kosi cheap.

Will happen late if it does.
Looking like the Gunston/Ryan deal gets done. Chol deal hinging on our future 3rd? Dawks KPF stocks will be down if these deals go through, think losing Ryan & Kosi could hurt them.

If we take our chances in getting him in the psd we might be a bit stuffed.

1: WCE
2: North
3: HAWTHORN
4: Gold coast
5: Fremantle
6: Us
When was the last time anyone nominating a club in the PSD was taken by another club ? Nick Stevens 20 years ago ?

It'll get done. The value is largely agreed it just means in which year.

Didn’t he nominate Carlton and go to Carlton ? Ie my point.

I’m talking about when a player nominated a club and didn’t get there.
Whoops, misread your post my bad. Jade Rawlings wanted to go to Norf didn't he? And ended up going to Footscray? Long time ago even if true, agree with you BTW.

The formguide says that the AFL intervenes behind the scenes to get out of contract players to nominated clubs. On the face of it Hawthorn's stance on Kositschke/Lockett looks a bit like restraint of trade. Not a good look.

Reactions: 2 users
I reckon both sides end up giving a little.

We give the F3, 49 and 65. They give us Kosi and 39. We get rid of 1 of the extra picks we have this year. They get the F3 they can use for the Chol deal.

We are then left with 29, 39, 41 and 68 (probably for Naish you'd think, or we take him as a rookie). I did think we would leave a spot open for the pre-season supplemental draft but maybe we wouldn't with those picks.

Whoops, misread your post my bad. Jade Rawlings wanted to go to Norf didn't he? And ended up going to Footscray? Long time ago even if true, agree with you BTW.
I thought there was a deal done for Rawlings. He did nothing at the Dogs and ended up at #lolnorf later anyway. If Kosi goes PSD I think we’ll get him, same as we did with Bachar.

I reckon both sides end up giving a little.

We give the F3, 49 and 65. They give us Kosi and 39. We get rid of 1 of the extra picks we have this year. They get the F3 they can use for the Chol deal.

We are then left with 29, 39, 41 and 68 (probably for Naish you'd think, or we take him as a rookie). I did think we would leave a spot open for the pre-season supplemental draft but maybe we wouldn't with those picks.
If the draft is garbage this year, why would we give away the F3, for a pick that's unlikely to yield a player - this year.

If the draft is garbage this year, why would we give away the F3, for a pick that's unlikely to yield a player - this year.

We are relatively fair traders. We'll get the trade done. There will be players that are decent in the range of 25-40 and thats where our 3 picks would then lie.

Blair has always said he would only walk them through to PSD as a very last option.
Good business I feel

Reactions: 8 users
Why when you can get him for free? Can only assume we were ever going to get 2 in the national draft?
Gotta do all we can to get players in that nominated us We offered pick 49 they said no we didn’t give up and they accepted

Traded in with pick 49 going to Dawks
Welcome Kosi to tigerland eat ‘em alive

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users