Welcome Jacob Koschitzke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Koschitzke

Losing both no 1 key forwards in a week is not normal. We are in break glass mode.
exactly. We're gunna struggle to win a game against half decent opposition with Kosi and Lefau as key forwards. Kosi is a reserve second stringer. Lefau is a second stringer on L plates. Balta in the side today and we probably win, Lynchy and we win.

Reactions: 4 users
He definitely hasn't got the goods
Maybe, but who are we going to play?

Ryan is no good as a tall forward, resting Naismith forward unlikely to work, Lefau clearly not up to it as a key forward & every other tall option is injured.

I’m down to Hail Mary’s like playing Young forward.

No wonder Yze is giving Kosi another go - he has no options.

We have one decent tall forward today and we win the game most likely.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess you can still make it into an AFL list if you have some height.

Reactions: 1 user
While I understand that we need him to fill in in the next few weeks up forward, his future is IMO going to have to be as a key defender.

He apparently was very good there in his junior years.

Reactions: 1 users
If we didn't have Kozshit we'd have to play Samson. Meh. No club can lose its two key forwards.

I'm glad we get to blood Lefau. Kozpotato is of no interest.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Agree he does come at minimal cost and does provide some degree over cover but I’m just not a fan of having two Ben Millers on the list. Or even one for that matter.
Then you are failing to observe and recognise Miller's development and improvement into a pretty competent defender who can improve more too. Tall enough to take the 2m KPFs which we lacked, good spoiler and quite reliable mark and kick. Also rarely has a brain fade - not many blatant turnovers like Rance made early in his career pre-superstar, or Balta recently.

Will comment on Kosi next.

Reactions: 5 users
The 2 Phones role :))
I really liked Cholly and admired his talent. He kicked 40 in a season at GCS and Dimma claimed he wanted to keep him there this season, but Chol knew he had a limited future behind King, Lukosius and all their new draft/academy KPF stars.

We supposedly wanted him to stay too; not sure if we really did enough or preferred CCJ. If we had have kept him we would have had an experienced KPF to replace JR8 and a decent, mobile back-up ruck too that would have allowed us to keep playing Balta at CHB where I think he is a better player.

And if you had a glance at the Dorks last week and today, (I've only watched 2nd halves) he has done a lot of good things in '24; could have almost won the game for them today but for some reason, unusual for him, he missed some close range shots early I heard - usually a pretty neat goal-kicker. But he was double-teamed by Moore and their other big dork with no Lewis to assist. He chases, tackles, contests better and applies more pressure now too.

He would be very useful to have kept, especially in current circumstances. Another quality player, like Butler, that we selected and developed that was tossed away from Dimma's complacency and neglect (hubris?) once he obtained success IMHO.

What I want to know is who wrote the word "welcome" in the OP? Checking...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user