Welcome Jacob Koschitzke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Koschitzke

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Real Shane Morrison vibes. I don’t think he’s an AFL player.
Yeah thought the same thing. We got him as backup who might hopefully improve. He hasn't improved, we've needed him as backup but he isn't cutting it even as a backup second string KF.

I wanted to Capuano him at half time, but he did make a few decent contests and took a good mark in the second half. But yeah, I agree.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
50 games under the belt n I can understand that we need to give Nank a spell in the ruck each game, but it's time to push some games into Samsung. Can't seriously do much worse.

Reactions: 1 user

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
His ruck work was quite good when relieving Nank today however he’s not offering anything up forward.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Love seeing him plod around, just brings us ever closer to that pick 1.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
Being positive is nice but personally I've not seen anyone in the last 15 years pull on a Richmond jumper who is a bad as this guy. Absolutely spineless
Not trying to be positive - trying to be balanced. What I saw was him presenting all day. Lacked polish to grab the marks. He is an easy target for the vitriol. Was never recruited or intended to be a no.1 key forward. Had a crack and was in the play a lot. Will never be a superstar but can play a role.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Will take time to settle in to his new team. We see this for most trades.
Competed. Rucked well but some clear taps showed no cohesion with the mids. It was that kind of day.

And no chance he makes it in the backline. Too slow and flat footed

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Kosi had some good games for the Hawks when Mitch Lewis was injured and he copped the best defender.

Not sure what happened.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Is there any player who had wooden planks for hands that turned it around and made them velvet gloves after a few seasons?

I can't think of one (maybe Cox a little?). He just doesn't clunk them at the moment but is getting to the right spot multiple times so very much of a tease. He certainly looks to have the right frame to be that second forward.

If he takes 2 or 3 of those marks and converts, then it's a worthy performance and causes the defense to need to do something different.

Field kicking was also shizen and couldn't hit up team mates on leads - put it over their heads or into the grass in front of them.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If he can hold onto his marks he'd actually be OK. Big if. He gets to the right spots.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah, I don't get the not trying calls. He's trying. He's presenting. He's just not much good.

Reactions: 6 users

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
Kosi had some good games for the Hawks when Mitch Lewis was injured and he copped the best defender.

Not sure what happened.
That does not gel with what I have heard hawthorn people say. Mitch Lewis was out for seven games straight. Koschitzke naturally assumed the number 1 forward role. He proved so bad at it that they dropped him to the reserves and were forced to use two medium sized forwards in Luke Bruest and Fergus Greene as focal points.

The only time over the last few years where he has been remotely good has been ruck. But if that’s the only way we get a half decent game out of him he is sounding more a Sampson Ryan or Sam Naismith stand in than a Tom Lynch. If that is the case you have to wonder what was the point of trading him in.

Last edited:

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Surely we are better off playing Ryan. Even if Ryan played as poorly as Kosi at least he would be getting games as part of his long term development. Kosi is not part of our long term so if he's offering nothing short term doesn't that mean he's offering nothing at all? Can understand giving him the three games he's had to find out if he could play a role but please - no more.