Welcome Jacob Koschitzke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Koschitzke

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I'm hoping this guy is lacking confidence. I've never seen him play so bad, not even at Box Hill.

He's not looking remotely capable.
I thought you said he had been properly and fully evaluated by the coach who had worked with him at the Hawks?
Any chance he is tired of football and hoping to be paid out?

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Surely we are better off playing Ryan. Even if Ryan played as poorly as Kosi at least he would be getting games as part of his long term development. Kosi is not part of our long term so if he's offering nothing short term doesn't that mean he's offering nothing at all? Can understand giving him the three games he's had to find out if he could play a role but please - no more.
Interestingly they are almost the same age.

But I do agree that Samson is the better prospect, imo as a ruck rather than a permanent forward.

Reactions: 1 user

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Yep but with no Lynch or Balta at least Ryan has shown he can mark the ball in the forward line. Play him deep and let lefau roam around CHF, might be a good combination

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I'm hoping this guy is lacking confidence.
He definitely looks like a guy lacking confidence. I thought he was ok on Sunday, presented well, but just couldnt quite take his opportunties.
Maybe he never will and will soon be out of the side for good, but it mightnt take much for him to take a couple more grabs and kick a couple of goals.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Yeah thought the same thing. We got him as backup who might hopefully improve. He hasn't improved, we've needed him as backup but he isn't cutting it even as a backup second string KF.

I wanted to Capuano him at half time, but he did make a few decent contests and took a good mark in the second half. But yeah, I agree.
Agree, snake. We can't Capuano him.

The bloke has lifted and closed out his past two games tolerably well. Duds that lift win fans and coaches.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I thought you said he had been properly and fully evaluated by the coach who had worked with him at the Hawks?
Any chance he is tired of football and hoping to be paid out?
Surely you cannot be serious ? that is the most ludicrous suggestion I have seen on here & beleive me there's been a few shockers

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
If he can hold onto his marks he'd actually be OK. Big if. He gets to the right spots.
He had a contested mark in a sprawling pack outside the defensive 50. He looked more surprised than anyone he'd gloved it. He is capable but could be another one who needs mindfulness training/reprogramming.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Surely you cannot be serious ? that is the most ludicrous suggestion I have seen on here & beleive me there's been a few shockers
Come on! It’s the oldest trick in the book! The old “I’ll go to a new club on a 3 year deal and hope they pay me out in the first year” has been going on since Adam played defensive small forward for the Apple Eaters!

• Haha

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020

if you haven’t seen it here’s Kosi 2021 highlights package lots of marking for those that think he can’t
Highlight package reeks of unsure hands & unopposed marks or scouting.
The real worry for me is the talent of our talent scouts.

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
I'm hoping this guy is lacking confidence. I've never seen him play so bad, not even at Box Hill.

He's not looking remotely capable.
He appears to be a bit slow between the ears. In today's game you have to be a quick thinker and fleet of foot or a KPI that hits packs hard - he doesn't have any of that at the moment.

And all of it could be as you say a lack of self confidence.....

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
He appears to be a bit slow between the ears. In today's game you have to be a quick thinker and fleet of foot or a KPI that hits packs hard - he doesn't have any of that at the moment.

And all of it could be as you say a lack of self confidence.....
He's definetly not slow in thought. Listen to his interviews. Very articulate and well spoken regarding forward craft. Maybe it's slow slow twitch fibres or nerves. I also think it's confidence. We have to bite the pillow and give him a block of games.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004

And all of it could be as you say a lack of self
He is very intelligent, doing an accounting degree.

Just needs to hang onto his marks.

Is it a confidence thing or is it technique ?

Rod

Tiger Superstar
Aug 3, 2003
Bruswick West
Neither he nor Samson are one clunk marks... Lefau looks to have stronger hands than both of them.

My concern with Samson is that he doesn't get to enough contests which is the most important part and when he does get to the contest he often doesn't impact it and ends up sat on bum far too easily.

At the very minimum we need to stop the intercept markers and bring the ball to ground. We've been woeful at this when Lynch is missing.

I figure this is why Kosi has been preferred to Samson. I'm all for Samson getting an opportunity but I'll be disappointed if he hasn't improved this aspect of his game which is much harder at senior level, as most AFL defenders have got blocking tall forwards down to a fine art.

I didn't think Kosi was that bad on the weekend. We got flogged in the midfield and couldn't transition the ball from defence. Hard day for our forwards after quarter time.

Reactions: 4 users

OldTiger1967

Tiger Rookie
Jun 3, 2017
He is very intelligent, doing an accounting degree.

Just needs to hang onto his marks.

Is it a confidence thing or is it technique ?
Accountants are usually critical thinkers as they solve complex problems. They take time to ascertain all facts and all avenues that will solve the complex problem. They generally aren't quick thinkers, which is what is needed on a football field playing at the top level....... my opinion gained from decades of experience working with accountants.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Neither he nor Samson are one clunk marks... Lefau looks to have stronger hands than both of them.

My concern with Samson is that he doesn't get to enough contests which is the most important part and when he does get to the contest he often doesn't impact it and ends up sat on bum far too easily.

At the very minimum we need to stop the intercept markers and bring the ball to ground. We've been woeful at this when Lynch is missing.

I figure this is why Kosi has been preferred to Samson. I'm all for Samson getting an opportunity but I'll be disappointed if he hasn't improved this aspect of his game which is much harder at senior level, as most AFL defenders have got blocking tall forwards down to a fine art.

I didn't think Kosi was that bad on the weekend. We got flogged in the midfield and couldn't transition the ball from defence. Hard day for our forwards after quarter time.
He managed to keep McGovern's intercept game out, probably a combination of a lack of supply and playing a role.

Reactions: 3 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I think the highlights reel shows there's more to him than we've seen in a Tigers jumper

Like MRJ , he needs his mojo back

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Watched that hawks highlight package. His hands look a bit better in that package but it obviously doesn’t show any dropped marks.

Very very very little contested wins. Surely that frame can out body at least some smaller dudes on the wing or in a forward line mismatch.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He definitely looks like a guy lacking confidence. I thought he was ok on Sunday, presented well, but just couldnt quite take his opportunties.
Maybe he never will and will soon be out of the side for good, but it mightnt take much for him to take a couple more grabs and kick a couple of goals.
You usually lack confidence when you aren't very good at things, like marking. Perhaps it's not a lack of confidence but acceptance of reality by Kosi.

Have a couple of Hawks supporting mates who say this is what he is and always was when he played there.

I sent an email to Scottie Sheffler's wife to pray for Kosi's hands to start working properly - it worked with her husbands neck. Fingers crossed.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
You usually lack confidence when you aren't very good at things, like marking. Perhaps it's not a lack of confidence but acceptance of reality by Kosi.

Have a couple of Hawks supporting mates who say this is what he is and always was when he played there.

I sent an email to Scottie Sheffler's wife to pray for Kosi's hands to start working properly - it worked with her husbands neck. Fingers crossed.
Perhaps even more reason to throw him behind the ball and see if it changes. Sometimes it can only take one contested mark to change a player’s belief.

People forget Rance took 50 games to show his true worth (and ultimately genius) as a player.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I think the highlights reel shows there's more to him than we've seen in a Tigers jumper

Like MRJ , he needs his mojo back
Everyone looks great in highlight reels. Even Luke McGuane had some "highlights". It's why they are called highlights.

Dusty's reel would run longer than The Titanic whereas Kosi's is more your short story type

Reactions: 3 users