Welcome Jacob Koschitzke | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Koschitzke

Haven’t given up on Koschitzke yet. As others have said, would like to see him tried at CHB at VFL level for a while. We’ve got him for three year’s minimum, so might as well try & develop him - has the physical attributes but needs to be taught the game.
Agree.

Kosi had the self awareness to say one of the reasons he was coming to Tigerland was to get guidance from someone like Lynch to help his craft.
I don't think he thought he was coming here to be our number one.
The three years might be him wanting time to develop properly?
Just thinking out loud.

Reactions: 8 users
He was the U18 All-Australian full back.

I know we want a Lynch back-up but he isn't that. Let's see if Yse is coach enough to find a use for him. It isn't a hard one to spot.

Also, if Koschitzke works at full back it can release Gibcus forward.
For real ?

Didn’t know that…most full backs have a bit of mongrel. Not seeing that yet with him.

Fingers crossed as we desperately need bigs.

The idea of us throwing Koschitzke down back is basically the mirror image of what happened to him at Hawthorn. Instead there having failed as a key back in desperation they threw him forward.

There just comes a point where you just have to accept that he is not a very good player.

However, no harm in trying, for reasons which are a total mystery he has a three year contract with us. So yeah what have we got to lose

Reactions: 1 user
Getting Kosi hasn't been a good trade for us so far and as an outsider can't see a reason for it changing

it is the risk with recycled players

The VFL form can be misleading , on Sunday Rory Lobb was looking a tad disinterested

once a player believes he's 3rd or 4th inline for a spot in the AFL they tend to go thru the motions

If Lobb finds himself at another AFL list next year I'd say he will stretch himself more than he did on Sunday

and highly suspect our Club would have been hoping for a surge in form and output from Kosi in a new club , sigh

Lobby Loyde, disinterested? Tore us a new one, hate to see what he'd have done to us if he was fired up.
Rory Lobb might not be the best example , he is a different cat, at club no 3 and is he going to be at club no.4 in 20025 ?
I watched first half and his possessions seemed to came on the back of some good delivery

when they moved Khamis forward in the second qtr it seemed to change the whole dynamic of the game (something like 5 or 6 goals straight to them)
he was very lively and seemed to rattle our defence and other Doggies players benefitted

If Lobb did fire up in the second half oh well , but then so did McAuliffe by reports so I'll take that

Getting Kosi hasn't been a good trade for us so far and as an outsider can't see a reason for it changing

it is the risk with recycled players

It was a cheap risk, he was recruited as a back-up forward with the possibility to go into defence if needed. He hasn't performed (ok, understatement) so far but there is time to improve and, as I said, cheap.

This is what you do when you know there are risks in a specific position, tall key forward for us, you pick up what is around and you get them cheap. A small risk so a small issue.

DS

It was a cheap risk, he was recruited as a back-up forward with the possibility to go into defence if needed. He hasn't performed (ok, understatement) so far but there is time to improve and, as I said, cheap.

This is what you do when you know there are risks in a specific position, tall key forward for us, you pick up what is around and you get them cheap. A small risk so a small issue.

DS
I get all that, but three years? Three years??

Watched him today at Sandy. He’s actually a pretty big unit. No supply today at all .
He will crash packs and work hard I think we should bring him in next week to help straighten us up , low expectations just compete and crash packs

Reactions: 3 users
Watched him today at Sandy. He’s actually a pretty big unit. No supply today at all .
He will crash packs and work hard I think we should bring him in next week to help straighten us up , low expectations just compete and crash packs
Wins the ball well below his knees at times and doesn't turn over.

Reactions: 1 users
Stkilda besides Cordy had some big boys in the back 6.

I’m all for trying him down back , not much faith in Young and though Miller has improved see him more as a third defender , in saying that I’d much rather get our best key defender ( Balta) playing in defence and have Kozi continue to work as a forward .

Balta is struggling but he Is running hard, and still providing a target. Lefau also working hard is a huge plus.
Some light in the midfield and the more time Shai and Daniel get there the better off we will be.
Down back NV and Broad plus Daniel and increasingly Ben Miller are doing extremely well given the lack of pressure provided further up the ground.
Koschitzke a disappointment.

The right time for Bauer and Smith if fit, to come in and for Brown, Campbell, Coulthard, Green and Sonsie to continue get more exposure.

Our ladder position is completely understandable given our injury list and Kosy apart those mentioned above are doing as well as could be expected.

At this point you'd have to put Kosi up there with the worst recruits the club has ever had.
We are screaming out for a tall forward option & despite having a million injuries he's virtually last man standing after just a couple of underwhelming snr appearances. He was recruited in case Lynch failed to come up but he's not playing. That's a fail.
2 more years after this one.. As it stands Blair got this one very wrong.

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users