Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
You *ing cheats AFL

Liam Baker's one-game suspension has been upheld by the AFL Tribunal tonight and he will miss Gather Round this weekend.

Baker was offered a one-match sanction by the Match Review Officer for rough conduct against Sydney Swan, Lewis Melican during the second quarter of the Round 3 match between Richmond and the Sydney Swans played at the MCG on Sunday, March 31, 2024.

The incident was graded as careless conduct, medium impact and high contact. The incident was classified as a one-match sanction as a first offence.
The deliberation was taking too long so obviously Laura Kane, fresh from her mea culpa over Ginnivan, got on the phone and said...... "WTF are you knobs doing?
.... it's *smile* Richmond for christ sake!"

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
And 10 k into the Afl end of year *smile* up.
I think that's right.
For the failed challenge.
Free Pepperjack for all the boffins thanks to the Rfc.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
No not surprised. But sticks in my craw that he's gone under the Maynard rule.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
When Cornes is saying Baker should get off you know we have been screwed.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Your interpretation is spot on, so I'm having a go at the system not you.

All of a sudden we are judging an action on the potential for injury, something that has never been done. Look at Hind two rounds ago, raised an elbow, that has the potential to do untold damage. Should've got 12 weeks if "potential" is in the punishment. It's always been the outcome not the action. Until Baker.

We got screwed here.
Yeh but they did it to Pickett a couple of years ago too and not the first time

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Tribunal Is broken.
I don't think it's broken. Not much precedent on this new "interpretation" or "rule" - whatever they're calling it.

So long as they're consistent from now on, all good.

Football as we're used to it, is changing. Rapidly. It'll be predominantly a "non-contact sport" or limited contact, in 5-10 years.

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
To get him off all we needed to do was get the bloke that represented Patty Cripps when he jumped off the ground and cleaned up the opposition player before the finals. And/or who the pies used to get Maynard off, considering he did nothing wrong but they changed the rules for this year.

We just need to get better. Better representation!

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Given the focus on protecting the head 1 week is probably reasonable.

The big question is when one of their favourites or a player from Geelong or Collingwood do the same - will they get a week?

Time will tell, but I have no confidence in the AFL.

DS

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Given the focus on protecting the head 1 week is probably reasonable.

The big question is when one of their favourites or a player from Geelong or Collingwood do the same - will they get a week?

Time will tell, but I have no confidence in the AFL.

DS
Didn't have to wait long, Kosi Pickett from last night should see if they're fair dinkum or not.

Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
We get The Fabulous Baker Boy back!
And his world famous ground scraping cohunas!:mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users