Welcome Liam Baker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Liam Baker

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Unbelievable against Port, even better against Geelong.

Both those sides went so long without scoring, and Bakes is an integral part of the league's best defence.

His left foot is remarkable, under any conditions.

Reactions: 6 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Watched the finals again.
Bakes has become our best kick into the forward fifty by a long shot. Next year midfield all year.
Tough as nails, great temperament. An absolute ripper player.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Bakes has become our best kick into the forward fifty by a long shot. Next year midfield all year.

He is great, we just have to make sure he isn't in marking contests with tall players, ain't much he can do about those situations. Just a matter of setting everything up right.

Would be interesting to see him in the centre, has he been put there very often? I can't recall, so much harder to follow these things on TV as opposed to being there.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

RedanTiger

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004
He is great, we just have to make sure he isn't in marking contests with tall players, ain't much he can do about those situations. Just a matter of setting everything up right.

Would be interesting to see him in the centre, has he been put there very often? I can't recall, so much harder to follow these things on TV as opposed to being there.

DS
From memory David, he was used there in his second stint in the seniors.
IIRC he started back and then was dropped or injured. When he was picked again it was in the guts (maybe wing) and he did okay without setting the world alight.
HE was dropped again I think and then returned in defence where he's been ever since albeit drifting forward a bit.

Just looked on Wiki.
"He kicked a goal and recorded 17 disposals in that win, before setting a new career-best with 21 disposals in a dual role as a midfielder and a forward the following week against Sydney"
From round 4, 2019 v Port.
It's pretty detailed and does note he came back as a defender after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
yep - his fwd 50 entries are class. off both feet.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Liam always plays to his limits but we have yet to see where those limits are as he continually confounds us with more and more and all with a smile on his face

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
When he was drafted i thought what another midget ? do we really need another

I was wrong. Bakers is a very very good tough footballer love this kid

pound for pound he does alot of damage

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
When he was drafted i thought what another midget ? do we really need another

I was wrong. Bakers is a very very good tough footballer love this kid

pound for pound he does alot of damage
Our toughest player for his size. The country kids like Astbury, Nank, Baker and Martin aren’t to messed with.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Our toughest player for his size. The country kids like Astbury, Nank, Baker and Martin aren’t to messed with.
Bloody bushies, all got a healthy does of hard nosed mongrel about them. Not much fazes them, they just double down n go harder.

Reactions: 1 users