Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
We should be having a look at him this season before we delist him. A decade ago would have played many games.

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I don't think that we'd delist Noah Cumberland. Noah profiles a bit like Sydders. Marking small who has to work on his ground game and repeat efforts/defence. Ground ball winning.

I'm a bit of a fan.

Reactions: 2 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
We should be having a look at him this season before we delist him.
I hope we don't delist too many of these. We'll have a few oldies moving on, and opportunities will open up for those who are ready to graduate from long COVID-affected apprenticeships. We wouldn't want to see a gaping hole in the 21-23 year age bracket of our list.

Reactions: 3 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
kicked another 3 goals in the VFL yesterday, would have thought he can't be too far off from being given an opportunity in the seniors. Good replacement for George

Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Against Box Hill Cumberland took a big head knock falling from a marking contest into Jake Aarts. But he got patched up and worked back into it.

Jagged three. He's a bit scrappy at times but he slotted a beautiful goal under pressure. Can find the holes. Smart. Opportunistic. Effective.

He got up the park at times to get into his running game. Did well. Working up as George does these days.

Cumberland gave plenty and when we were well beaten he launched at an impossible spoil and almost pulled it off. That will be in his reel.

For those who are superstitious about such matters it is almost two years since his ACL. Now 21yo.

It's not in the script but he's a chance this week IMO.

Reactions: 1 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
My biggest question is about his tank. If he wants to take George’s spot… can he still be running as hard in the last 5mins as the first? Because that’s George’s one wood and for all his flaws (of which there are many), that’s as crucial as any skill in modern football. That skill allowed him to lay a smother and get into space and kick that crucial goal in time on last weekend.

Reactions: 6 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Against Box Hill Cumberland took a big head knock falling from a marking contest into Jake Aarts. But he got patched up and worked back into it.

Jagged three. He's a bit scrappy at times but he slotted a beautiful goal under pressure. Can find the holes. Smart. Opportunistic. Effective.

He got up the park at times to get into his running game. Did well. Working up as George does these days.

Cumberland gave plenty and when we were well beaten he launched at an impossible spoil and almost pulled it off. That will be in his reel.

For those who are superstitious about such matters it is almost two years since his ACL. Now 21yo.

It's not in the script but he's a chance this week IMO.
Seems to kick Dusty/ Bolton style goals

Reactions: 1 user

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
My biggest question is about his tank. If he wants to take George’s spot… can he still be running as hard in the last 5mins as the first? Because that’s George’s one wood and for all his flaws (of which there are many), that’s as crucial as any skill in modern football. That skill allowed him to lay a smother and get into space and kick that crucial goal in time on last weekend.
George’s only wood at the moment is he can run all day

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I’d give him a go but I think the things that are gonna hold him back are his lack of speed and finishing. Goes hard. Competes. But in a senior side that might already be considered a tad slow, not sure he’s a fit.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I’d give him a go but I think the things that are gonna hold him back are his lack of speed and finishing. Goes hard. Competes. But in a senior side that might already be considered a tad slow, not sure he’s a fit.
That sounds like Jake Aarts. Aarts has always looked too good for VFL level but can be found at at AFL level.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Cumberland could stand still in the goal square foe the most of the game, then run hard for the last 5 minutes. He would probably end up with a similar stat line to George.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
May as well make Castagna the sub then.....he did not much for the first three quarters.
Agree he had one good passage of play in the last.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Not sure how his type fits dimma game style , for mine looks a poor mans Mitch Morton , see quite a few others ahead of him

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
1 disposal in a half. What difference does it make if he's still running in the last 5 minutes. I'd prefer someone making an impact over 3/4s and too stuffed to run in the last.