Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Good luck to him but debuting as a medi sub is *smile*. Yet another knee jerk reaction stupid rule bought in my a mob who have NFI.

A bit disappointed we have selected him as sub. You should be part of the 22 on debut.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Normally agree Rids but we have to pick the best 23 we can, then worry about debuts

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Normally agree Rids but we have to pick the best 23 we can, then worry about debuts
Not sure how different this week is from last week when we had Aarts as sub. Just reckon it’d be a let down if you sat on the bench for the whole game in your debut.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Picking from the emergencies it was obvious that Hugo gets called up.
And Miller wasn't in the frame for the sub, it could easily have gone to Aarts.
Glad we went with Cumbs, even if it stuffs up a debut

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Good luck to him but debuting as a medi sub is *smile*. Yet another knee jerk reaction stupid rule bought in my a mob who have NFI.

A bit disappointed we have selected him as sub. You should be part of the 22 on debut.
Agree with you as usual, and object to making a player's debut as sub. Especially when they don't even make it on the field.

However, I think Pickett decision was made quite late so left with little choice but to bring in the obvious replacement, Ralphsmith. Then needed a sub decision in haste. The fact that Cumberland played half of VFL game proves how it all happened abruptly and left us little room to enact a better plan.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Geez it'd feel flat to officially "play" your first game and not even get on the ground. The medi sub rule is a joke but still a poor decision by the club.

Disappointed for Noah.

Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Seriously can't believe we decided to debut a bloke as the sub. Thought we were better than that. What a hollow outcome getting your guernsey and not playing a game. What if he never plays ,again,?

• Angry

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Seriously can't believe we decided to debut a bloke as the sub. Thought we were better than that. What a hollow outcome getting your guernsey and not playing a game. What if he never plays ,again,?
Yep. It is a shitful thing for the club to do but I'm not sure they had much choice given Pickett's late out.

But lets not forget that the root cause is the stupid *smile* arseholes who reduced list sizes (unless you are GC and sucking on the AFL teat of course), reduced rotataions and reintroduced the sub rule. FFS if it is such a problem to have one player go down during a match and be left with only three subs then tough luck. It had worked for over 20 years. If you are really worried about it allow more rotations, or make the bench 5 subs.

I hope the Tiges MC select Noah on the ground in place of Castagna next game.

Reactions: 6 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thought he was very good yesterday in the VFL.
Stacky was BOG so Cumberland probably won't get a snr spot ahead of him but I'd love to see him get a snr game soon.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has kicked 27 goals from his last 11 games, for farce sake, that form needs to be rewarded.