Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Outside of the first 10mins yesterday, we didn't even look like buying a goal. No scoring threats whatsoever. Cumberland needs to play.
Thought he had done enough to be included yesterday. Our efforts then, particularly up forward,
further make the case for bringing him back.
Ditto Trezise and depending on injury and/or a kick in the guts from the match review, possibly McAuliffe as well.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
You obviously didn’t watch the 2nd half.
Was a game changer.
Marked everything, kicked goals or gave them off and evaded opponent like they were standing still.
You’ve got to break a few eggs to make an omelette and in the first half he was trying too hard to create something.
I preferred his game over Bolton’s selfish display in the seniors
You’re correct, I didn’t see the second half, nice to hear he went better.

Reactions: 1 user

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Need him in round zero. Shai does the occasional selfish act too. He's a point of difference our forward line needs. Will allow Dusty and Shai to play more mid too.

Just play him yze.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
You obviously didn’t watch the 2nd half.
Was a game changer.
Marked everything, kicked goals or gave them off and evaded opponent like they were standing still.
You’ve got to break a few eggs to make an omelette and in the first half he was trying too hard to create something.

Noah must be an absolute pain in the arse is all I can think.
None of our other small forwards have shown anywhere near the dynamics of Cumberland when he's on.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
None of our other small forwards have shown anywhere near the dynamics of Cumberland when he's on.
Not from what I’ve seen
Cumbo seems to put too much pressure on himself which probably comes from feeling every games his last chance
Hes kicked 3 goals in the VFL played a great second half must be in running for game against GC He needs to be given consecutive run of games

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Would be nice if Cumbo was in the side this week and allowed a bit of free reign and kick six just to irk Dimma.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Some info provided by a senior player at a briefing last year might indicate this is more than directionally correct.
There’s been plenty of idiots that have played good football.
Fevola, Carey, Martin Pike etc.
Not sure being a pain in the ass is enough to preclude you from selection.
Not following team rules or instructions would a be more specific description than just being a general nuisance

Reactions: 4 users
Feb 25, 2007
I rate Cumbo he's dangerous around fwd 50, and knows where to get to the right spots. A natural forward who can play tall and has that breakaway speed that we need. Also, good on the lead.
We know he can get down on himself when he makes mistakes and it affected his performances last year on top of the stuff Dimma said in the media where he needed to improve which he didn't say about any other youngster who had played less than 20 games.

Cumbo kicked 3 and had 3 goal assists V Pies ressies. He turned the game and we nearly won. This is what it's about doing your utmost to win games and having the players who can flip a game on its head and Noah can sure do that.

I hope he is selected for RD 0 V Suns but if he starts in the ressies so be it, but I believe that Yze will reward form and won't be long before Cumbo is knocking on the door to the seniors if he keeps up his form as shown V Pies. Well, that can be said for the other forwards as well perform and you will get rewarded. This creates healthy competition for spots.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Cumbo played his best footy when Dustin was out injured.

when Dustin is playing Cumbo has struggled.

it’s simple Dustin. must be dropped to the 2s 😏

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Feb 25, 2007
Cumbo played his best footy when Dustin was out injured.

when Dustin is playing Cumbo has struggled.

it’s simple Dustin. must be dropped to the 2s 😏

With Dusty going to play more midfield mins, perfect time to unleash Cumbo on that fwd line.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Really hope this guy has a cracker year. If he can make that step to consistency would be huge for the side and give us some X factor outside of shai and dusty.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
The suggestion I heard early last year is that he wasnt the most professional kid.
A bit of a loose cannon? Doesnt present and prepare to the elite level? Maybe not dedicated to recover?
Possibly its just scuttlebutt, just something from former qld academy players.

Though it might be like Stacky, the coaches choose the players who work hardest and make the sacrifice to be elite athletes.
Hopefully unlike Syd, this year we see Cumbo step up to AFL.

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
The suggestion I heard early last year is that he wasnt the most professional kid.
A bit of a loose cannon? Doesnt present and prepare to the elite level? Maybe not dedicated to recover?
Possibly its just scuttlebutt, just something from former qld academy players.

Though it might be like Stacky, the coaches choose the players who work hardest and make the sacrifice to be elite athletes.
Hopefully unlike Syd, this year we see Cumbo step up to AFL.
Maybe he was that way as a junior? but he's one of the hardest workers at the club, has gotten his own PT the past 2 off seasons, physically he clearly looks in ripping shape - lean and is hard as a cats head

Reactions: 7 users