Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
it would be a magical moment, if this kid played and kicked 6,

with increasingly exuberant BBQ tongs sausage turning celebrations

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003

Love it, VideoEzy!

Then cut to Beavis in the coaches box as he re-models it "Clarko style"!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

As long as his “sausage” doesn’t fall out of his shorts and he does a hip gyration

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I watched the majority of the vfl practice match yesterday and I found Cumbo’s performance a head scratcher.
One of his strengths as a forward is that he gets in dangerous positions all the time, he seems to know instinctively how to be in those positions and where the ball is going. That was really obvious again yesterday as he had lots of opportunities, he was involved or near a lot of the play in the forward half.
However he was wasteful, fumbly and seemed out of touch.
We know he is a confidence player and I wonder if he is trying way too hard and is very frustrated that it isn’t coming together?
The positive is that his defensive work was actually quite good, he certainly fought hard and harassed the opposition.
I hope he can get it together because he is such an X factor player

Reactions: 6 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Cumberland needs to play in the firsts and given an extended run. Not fussed about his performance yesterday he has shown what he is capable of at the highest level. There are obviously some off field dynamics at play at the club as to why he gets overlooked so hope Yze can sort these out and get the best out of him.

Reactions: 3 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
I watched the majority of the vfl practice match yesterday and I found Cumbo’s performance a head scratcher.
One of his strengths as a forward is that he gets in dangerous positions all the time, he seems to know instinctively how to be in those positions and where the ball is going. That was really obvious again yesterday as he had lots of opportunities, he was involved or near a lot of the play in the forward half.
We know he is a confidence player and I wonder if he is trying way too hard and is very frustrated that it isn’t coming together?
The positive is that his defensive work was actually quite good, he certainly fought hard and harassed the opposition.
Thanks for that mini-report.
Good that his defensive side was ok etc.

For sure I think

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Cumberland needs to play in the firsts and given an extended run. Not fussed about his performance yesterday he has shown what he is capable of at the highest level. There are obviously some off field dynamics at play at the club as to why he gets overlooked so hope Yze can sort these out and get the best out of him.
I reckon he needs a game or two where he plays well Harry before we promote him, he needs a lift in confidence.

Once he does that I would put him in the senior team straight away

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Good summary - watched 2nd half live and thought same. He’s certainly trying but I still don’t like the falling to the ground after minor knocks etc - looks silly and not sure what purpose it serves.

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Good summary - watched 2nd half live and thought same. He’s certainly trying but I still don’t like the falling to the ground after minor knocks etc - looks silly and not sure what purpose it serves.
And watch what happens when he falls to ground. Not a single teammate goes to him. In fact in the 3rd Q they gave him a spray as he stayed down on hands and knees and left others to do the defensive work.

Contrast the neck high/head high hit on Steely. Didn't take a backward step and half a dozen teammates come in to support and remonstrate withe the opposition.

To me how his teammates deal with him is as telling (if not more so) than what we believe of the coaches.

Reactions: 6 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I still don’t like the falling to the ground after minor knocks etc - looks silly and not sure what purpose it serves.
Football Soccer GIF

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020

I watched most as well s/t.
I reckon he was playing under instruction.

I was really impressed with the genuine speed & pressure he hit the ball & packs with.
This is sorely needed in our fwd line…sorry dusty.

His anticipation of ball & reading of play is a rare talent.
He’s not small either so it creates a lot of loose ball & pretty quickly inferred pressure.
A couple of great field kicks as well.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I watched most as well s/t.
I reckon he was playing under instruction.

I was really impressed with the genuine speed & pressure he hit the ball & packs with.
This is sorely needed in our fwd line…sorry dusty.

His anticipation of ball & reading of play is a rare talent.
He’s not small either so it creates a lot of loose ball & pretty quickly inferred pressure.
A couple of great field kicks as well.
He probably was aa but i don't think he was instructed to fumble and miss a shot from 15 metres out !!

But I agree that he was as physical as I have seen him which clearly is instructions/feedback.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
In an interview Noah said players do read social media and fan forums
Noah you’re being ignored and asked to do things in the VFL before we will give you a look in.
With so many star players missing from our side to play the Swans you’re still not getting a call up
Look elsewhere mate ask your manager to shop you around
You’ll never have an AFL career sadly at Richmond

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
In an interview Noah said players do read social media and fan forums
Noah you’re being ignored and asked to do things in the VFL before we will give you a look in.
With so many star players missing from our side to play the Swans you’re still not getting a call up
Look elsewhere mate ask your manager to shop you around
You’ll never have an AFL career sadly at Richmond
Absolutely agree.
A bloke that might kick 3 not good enough.
But a bloke that can't bounce a Sherrin is playing.
He must be guttered.
How's Rioli getting a game. 1 goal in 454 games

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
So the Tigers are last in the competition for pressure inside 50 - who woulda thought? No wonder Cumbo can’t get a game in such an elite defensive forward set-up, they are really showing him up

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dimma must have left behind his team selection notes otherwise I can't understand why Yze would leave out Cumbo. Was great last weekend in the ressies kicking goals, giving off assists and applying pressure not only in the 50 arc but upfield also.

Reactions: 3 users

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Future stat - Noah Cumberland, the most dangerous mid sized forward we never played. He should have 200 AFL goals by now. We overlook other less talented players flaws, not this natural footy player. Also potential to impact at centre bounces with his bulldozer approach. Waste.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users