Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Cumberland played well last week and backed it up again today.

14 disposals, 6 marks, 6 tackles and kicked 1 goal and 6 behinds. He had many shots on goal but was wayward on his kicking. He presented well, and marked strongly.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
you forgot reason 3- he has kicked just 2 goals in 3 games at VFL level.

Well, he has kicked 3 in 3 before today "one game subbed out". So a goal a game but his kicking has been off. 4 goals and 12 behinds.
Mansell has 3 goals in 6 games and Campbell 3 goals in 7 but hey let's keep playing players who cant even hit the scoreboard.

Reactions: 1 users
Cumbo is the highest-ranked Richmond player on the ground and 4th highest from every player on the ground but hey let's keep potting him.

Reactions: 4 users

14 disposals, 6 marks, 6 tackles and kicked 1 goal and 6 behinds. He had many shots on goal but was wayward on his kicking. He presented well, and marked strongly.
Well said
What more is he supposed to do to get a game? Cumbo put in a great effort today chasing tackling and giving it off to team mates
His goal kicking radar was a bit off could’ve kicked 6 goals

Reactions: 3 users

That’s a bog for old Georgie Costagna. :giggle:
At least he’s getting to where the ball is. He can always tidy up his kicking. I hope he keeps going, that’s a pretty fair effort.

Didn’t catch the game but 7 shots at goal? Sounds closer to it. Agree posters should be encouraging him ffs not pulling him down.

This is a good post. When he plays well they find faults. When he doesn't the knives come out. He can't win with some.

Give him another shot. Defensively cumbo has been very good with 12 tackles in his last 2 games.

Reactions: 7 users
Didn’t catch the game but 7 shots at goal? Sounds closer to it. Agree posters should be encouraging him ffs not pulling him down.
It was a game of two halves for Noah.
Poor in the first with 3 kicks and a point. His correct opponent was running off him, getting involved and had twice the disposals.

In the second half, he was much more involved in the game, more running, more contests. If it wasn’t for his goal kicking, he could’ve had 3 or 4 for the game.

More of second half Noah and less of first half and he’ll have a permanent spot in the ones.

Reactions: 4 users
It was a game of two halves for Noah.
Poor in the first with 3 kicks and a point. His correct opponent was running off him, getting involved and had twice the disposals.

In the second half, he was much more involved in the game, more running, more contests. If it wasn’t for his goal kicking, he could’ve had 3 or 4 for the game.

More of second half Noah and less of first half and he’ll have a permanent spot in the ones.

Based on this comment I assume you would agree that both Mansell and Campbell should've been out of the side. They have been poor now for the last 3-4 weeks.
Time to give Cumbo, Coulthard and Green a go as it couldn't hurt to what Mansell and Campbell are putting out.

Based on this comment I assume you would agree that both Mansell and Campbell should've been out of the side. They have been poor now for the last 3-4 weeks.
Time to give Cumbo, Coulthard and Green a go as it couldn't hurt to what Mansell and Campbell are putting out.
I do agree, but this is the Cumberland thread, and as I went to the game and decided to watch him closely I decided to add my 2 cents.

On today’s outing, I’d have Cumberland in the seniors next week.
Coulthard as well, and Green maybe.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Cumbo is the highest-ranked Richmond player on the ground and 4th highest from every player on the ground but hey let's keep potting him.

People aren't potting him. You and btoz continually come on here saying "but but why isn't he in the team, Livingstone hates him" (the last bit probably more btoz. Instead of blindly looking at stats, I'd rather see what the players do and why they may not be playing in the 1's.

I didn't see the 1st half today, but his 2nd was very Jekyll and Hyde for me. His off the ball work was excellent (which is 1 of the things I think he has been asked to work on), and that was both offensive and defensive, chased hard, lead well to space so a big tick on that 1.

The other key issue I've seen him do (and this has been an ongoing issue) is allow his head to drop when he makes mistakes. I think the 3rd quarter in particular stood out for this. Missed a couple of shots at goal (including burning teammates when he marked 46-47m out and not looking for the pass), but then burnt 2 leads of team mates going inside 50 as he seemed to be rushing the kick inside. These were 20-25m kicks. I would have loved him to have hit those guys right on the tit even after missing the shots at goal as it would show that he is starting to understand not to dwell on mistakes, but not sure he did that.

The 4th quarter I thought he was better. 1 more poor shot at goal and then a good one but every late. I did like that most players tried to get around him after the 1 he scored, which again kind of indicates he's a confidence player and trying to get that confidence back. He also played a good part in a goal just before that, with a loose ball inside 50 that he picked up and handballed over the top to open it up and we scored from that chain. I think those 2 goals were the last 2 of the game but could be wrong.

I'd love Cumbo to make it, and his confidence in his kicking IMO clearly looks down, but I thought his all round game bar his kicking was very good, but that same issue of seemingly dwelling on mistakes and then making more errors may well still plague him. As I say, I'd love him to get past this, his skill set is outstanding, understands the game, gets into great attacking positions, and his kicking "used" to be very good. Get that back, and we would have a player, but of course just say everyone's out to pot him.

Reactions: 7 users

FYI I'd have had Couthard in for Campbell this week and said as such in the Freo team thread.

I do agree, but this is the Cumberland thread, and as I went to the game and decided to watch him closely I decided to add my 2 cents.

On today’s outing, I’d have Cumberland in the seniors next week.
Coulthard as well, and Green maybe.

True it is but it hasn't stopped posters from naming players or comparing players in a similar position.

I just want him to be given a go like others have. Now if he plays 3 games in the seniors and he doesn't perform or show an attribute to keep him in then back to the ressies. This should apply to all. For example, Junior wasn't hitting the scoreboard falling over himself but his main attribute was pressure and his flying tackles. Now he is hitting the scoreboard and taking some good overhead strong marks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
True it is but it hasn't stopped posters from naming players or comparing players in a similar position.

I just want him to be given a go like others have. Now if he plays 3 games in the seniors and he doesn't perform or show an attribute to keep him in then back to the ressies. This should apply to all. For example, Junior wasn't hitting the scoreboard. falling over himself but his main attribute was pressure and his flying tackles. Now he is hitting the scoreboard and taking some good overhead strong marks.
We vaguely heard from Dimma on why Cumbo doesn't get a game, but nothing's been asked to Ooze as yet. Would love to know what he thinks.

Yeah, so would I but I would also have Mansell out who has done SFA but still holds on to his spot.

I think he plays a good defensive role. I don't think we can judge him on his game last week, doesn't matter who we played forward last week, the smalls weren't going to be in the game with the way we bombed it in and allowed Lever, May and McDonald to mark the ball at will.

He does need to do more offensively though.

People aren't potting him. You and btoz continually come on here saying "but but why isn't he in the team, Livingstone hates him" (the last bit probably more btoz. Instead of blindly looking at stats, I'd rather see what the players do and why they may not be playing in the 1's.

I didn't see the 1st half today, but his 2nd was very Jekyll and Hyde for me. His off the ball work was excellent (which is 1 of the things I think he has been asked to work on), and that was both offensive and defensive, chased hard, lead well to space so a big tick on that 1.

The other key issue I've seen him do (and this has been an ongoing issue) is allow his head to drop when he makes mistakes. I think the 3rd quarter in particular stood out for this. Missed a couple of shots at goal (including burning teammates when he marked 46-47m out and not looking for the pass), but then burnt 2 leads of team mates going inside 50 as he seemed to be rushing the kick inside. These were 20-25m kicks. I would have loved him to have hit those guys right on the tit even after missing the shots at goal as it would show that he is starting to understand not to dwell on mistakes, but not sure he did that.

The 4th quarter I thought he was better. 1 more poor shot at goal and then a good one but every late. I did like that most players tried to get around him after the 1 he scored, which again kind of indicates he's a confidence player and trying to get that confidence back. He also played a good part in a goal just before that, with a loose ball inside 50 that he picked up and handballed over the top to open it up and we scored from that chain. I think those 2 goals were the last 2 of the game but could be wrong.

I'd love Cumbo to make it, and his confidence in his kicking IMO clearly looks down, but I thought his all round game bar his kicking was very good, but that same issue of seemingly dwelling on mistakes and then making more errors may well still plague him. As I say, I'd love him to get past this, his skill set is outstanding, understands the game, gets into great attacking positions, and his kicking "used" to be very good. Get that back, and we would have a player, but of course just say everyone's out to pot him.
I’m pointing out what’s going on Cumbo has to reach higher standards than other players that are gifted games that haven’t kicked a goal in 3 or more weeks and we are in awe that all they do is chase backsides all day
Forwards are meant to kick goals if you can’t trouble the scoreboard you’re not a forward
As for Livingstone Yze is our 3rd coach and it’s the same old selections
Dimma played Mansell the battler forward so did Mini Dimma now Yze is playing him in the same position What’s going on do they all have 1 brain? I doubt it someone else has the last word on team selection IMO it’s Livingstone what he says go

I think he plays a good defensive role. I don't think we can judge him on his game last week, doesn't matter who we played forward last week, the smalls weren't going to be in the game with the way we bombed it in and allowed Lever, May and McDonald to mark the ball at will.

we judge others on games why not Mansell No excuses he hasn’t kicked a goal in 3 games
needs to work on it Not in the AFL if he needs to work on his game he can work on it in the VFL like others have to

He is a dead-set battler who has had 1-2 decent games this year. We can judge him as you're doing with Cumberland but the thing is Cumbo had a good game whereas mansell has done nothing now for 3 weeks now. If Mansell had 6 tackles, 6 marks, 14 disposals and 7 shots on goal he would be praised except for his kicking but for his overall game no one should fault that.