Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Noah did not make it through the open training this morning. He made it through the first part, went into the rooms, ran laps the second but struggled to kick after. It's going to take one hell of an effort to get him up for Thursday

Noah not struggling i were ecstatic to see him out there after what I saw at training on Thursday, he was all smiles today despite reduced participation.
I'm going 95% he plays, I'd go 100% but nothing is a 100% lock.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Noah not struggling i were ecstatic to see him out there after what I saw at training on Thursday, he was all smiles today despite reduced participation.
I'm going 95% he plays, I'd go 100% but nothing is a 100% lock.
Fingers crossed Caesar. I will pray to the football gods for a hastened recovery

Reactions: 1 user
183/80 Tall forward. Senior RFC. He fits no mold.

The way he positions. Low percentage. No coach would teach that. The areas he moves to. Low percentage. No.

Only Gary Ablett would go to those places. And even he could fail.

Noah Cumberland must not work those areas. (No coach would allow that.) But he does. And at his size he cannot win the way he positions. Position is everything.

Noah Cumberland (a midget) positions like Gary Ablett. Ten games in he keeps winning. I'm not ruling out that he is Gary Ablett. TBPA I call him "Gary". Did I mention Gary Ablett?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Interesting Tigga's comment on Cumberrland in below article :

“‘Cumbo’ is a pretty amazing story. He did his ACL in his first year, second year was COVID-19, and he was still getting over his ACL. To be honest, he was pretty lucky to stay on the list,” Vlastuin said.

(Now no-one would ever say that Dusty's absence was a blessing but I think Noah does ;) ).

Reactions: 2 users
Interesting Tigga's comment on Cumberrland in below article :

“‘Cumbo’ is a pretty amazing story. He did his ACL in his first year, second year was COVID-19, and he was still getting over his ACL. To be honest, he was pretty lucky to stay on the list,” Vlastuin said.

(Now no-one would ever say that Dusty's absence was a blessing but I think Noah does ;) ).

Paywalled but is this all based on what Vloss said during the interview yesterday? Interested to see what he says about not being a skipper as it wasn't mentioned.

Paywalled but is this all based on what Vloss said during the interview yesterday? Interested to see what he says about not being a skipper as it wasn't mentioned.
Just copy the link into a 'New Incognito Window' each time your number of AGE Articles viewing limit is reached and you can view articles as it effectively resets your limit in that window.
Skipper issue is mentioned in article.

Cheers

Just copy the link into a 'New Incognito Window' each time your number of AGE Articles viewing limit is reached and you can view articles as it effectively resets your limit in that window.
Skipper issue is mentioned in article.

Cheers
Doesn't work anymore for me Julius. I've tried many ways but looks like The Hun and The Age have finally woken up. Thanks anyway.

In his presser a few weeks a go Dimma said of Cumberland something like - Being from Brisbane Cumberland had a "low football IQ" (education might have been a more accurate word but this'a a pot on the Brisbane academy).

He said how pleased he was that Cumberland had found a place in the senior side. He went on to talk about Cumberland taking a notebook to training and making notes on football matters. He didn't mention formations and positioning but that's what I think he was referring to.

It was only a few weeks ago that Cumberland played a very defensive role on Aliir Aliir. That role was so far from the capabilities of NC pre-knee that it was unimaginable for us and inconceivable for him.

In a few days our prodigy will play his first final and his ninth game. And will have a huge weight on his young shoulders. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out.

Reactions: 3 users
In his presser a few weeks a go Dimma said of Cumberland something like - Being from Brisbane Cumberland had a "low football IQ" (education might have been a more accurate word but this'a a pot on the Brisbane academy).

He said how pleased he was that Cumberland had found a place in the senior side. He went on to talk about Cumberland taking a notebook to training and making notes on football matters. He didn't mention formations and positioning but that's what I think he was referring to.

It was only a few weeks ago that Cumberland played a very defensive role on Aliir Aliir. That role was so far from the capabilities of NC pre-knee that it was unimaginable for us and inconceivable for him.

In a few days our prodigy will play his first final and his ninth game. And will have a huge weight on his young shoulders. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out.
Agree Jack on the Brisbane academy. Anyone with zero or just basic knowledge on aussie rules and then taking notes and able to show it on-field like Cumbo has a high IQ in my opinion. Anyone able to position himself like Cumbo shows the proof he's not 'dumb'.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree Jack on the Brisbane academy. Anyone with zero or just basic knowledge on aussie rules and then taking notes and able to show it on-field like Cumbo has a high IQ in my opinion. Anyone able to position himself like Cumbo shows the proof he's not 'dumb'.
Tf, he did say something like "How can I put this?" Dimma's not averse to the idea that he doesn't want to say anything in case he says something.

• Haha
There’s some things you just cannot teach.
Exposure and education in a professional environment certainly helps but Cucumbers positioning, timing and body work tells me he’s an absolute natural.

Personally I reckon his notebook is full of high end calculus and formulas of how he’s going to turn his opponents inside out.
He could very well be the smartest thing to come out of Queensland.
Stone Mason or Illuminati?

Exposure and education in a professional environment certainly helps but Cucumbers positioning, timing and body work tells me he’s an absolute natural.

Personally I reckon his notebook is full of high end calculus and formulas of how he’s going to turn his opponents inside out.
Spot on DA.

The widows son?:cool: