Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

Won’t want to look at the tape. Lots of sooking, arms flapping, non chasing… that 50 against him cost us a goal. Plenty to like though… but plenty to work on.

Reactions: 2 users
Occasions got to him and was too worried about all hos family and friends in slthe stands
Shocker

Won’t want to look at the tape. Lots of sooking, arms flapping, non chasing… that 50 against him cost us a goal. Plenty to like though… but plenty to work on.
Yeah wasn’t great but allowances for his inexperience ,

In a way he reminds me of a young jack in his personality , mix of skills and excitement levels , jack had a few of these in the beginning too

Reactions: 3 users
After a fantastic purple patch of games was probably the most disappointing of our kids & genuinely appeared overawed by the big stage. His skills somewhat deserted him & not sure who his opponent was but they did an awesome job.

Hopefully it steels him to improve over preseason.

Reactions: 1 users
After a fantastic purple patch of games was probably the most disappointing of our kids & genuinely appeared overawed by the big stage. His skills somewhat deserted him & not sure who his opponent was but they did an awesome job.

Agree ToO.

First time also playing with Dusty in the forward line who might have taken his role would have made it awkward as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree ToO.

First time also playing with Dusty in the forward line who might have taken his role would have made it awkward as well.
Good point. Perhaps felt like he didn't want to get in Dusty's way.

Agree ToO.

Yes an excellent point.In a pregame interview with Vlastuin it was joked by Nick what Noah would do if Dusty asked him to clear out. Said he probably would..he may have been a little bit intimidated because of the great man's presence.
The reality is Cumberland thrived because of opportunities in Dusty's absence. They play a similar role these days late in Martin's career. Going forward here's hoping it can work better..

Our young hero got a hiding. That can happen.

Our hero is young.

I will afford the pressure of the game getting to him.

But he has not had to play with Dusty in the side either has he?

Dusty being in the forward line might've thrown him off a bit as well.

He appears to battle to carry injuries at this stage of his career. Only two touches in the second half after he hurt his shoulder a little bit just before half time.

I reckon he would have struggled to back up again the following week. After the hit to the shoulder he couldnt raise his arm properly on the affected side.

• Sad
Shame to end his season this way but had a magnificent past 6 weeks. Has locked away that medium forward role and reckon he could have the ability to wander into the midfield next year and beyond. Played all his NAB LEAGUE as a midfielder

I reckon he would have struggled to back up again the following week. After the hit to the shoulder he couldnt raise his arm properly on the affected side.

I reported that in the final training session that Cumberland clutched his shoulder in what appeared agony so maybe he went into the game with a slight shoulder issue?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

He fumbled at least three times that I can recall. If he was cleaner, at each of those times, he was moving well and heading towards goal. Game of millimeters between looking good and playing his worse game.

Nerves and/or shoulder impacting.

He fumbled at least three times that I can recall. If he was cleaner, at each of those times, he was moving well and heading towards goal. Game of millimeters between looking good and playing his worse game.

Nerves and/or shoulder impacting.
It was a classic choke to me. Bet he thought about it too much before going out there. Very fixable.