Welcome Noah Cumberland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Noah Cumberland

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Was listening to Balmey on TT who said Cumberbatch needs to learn some more team oriented skills before he gets a chance at AFL.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Was listening to Balmey on TT who said Cumberbatch needs to learn some more team oriented skills before he gets a chance at AFL.
Jeepers, I don't get where Balmey is coming from. Do they want Sausage to do what George does...................which is what by the way.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
That's a Samson Ryan selection. Caddy's more likely to kick the goals if played as a forward.

But we won't play that structure anyway. Lynch, Jack, Chols Royce. That's the extent of marking forwards, plus a resting mid (Dusty :(, Bolton) and the (un)dynamic duo.
Chols Royce!!! :mhihi

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
LOL, not certain Junior or Noah C will push back to defence & cover space like George or Smocka.
So that's your esteemed valuation of a SF's contribution is it? You sound like you just want to set up some tarpaulins down there.
How about making contests, reading the ball off the packs,'crumming' for opportunities and taking them (like in the halycon days of the 3 amigos!)
from spoils and ground-balls, actually winning possessions and converting into goals. Let alone competing in the air consistently and preventing oppo backs from intercept marks time and time again.

Did you see DA's comment - "We’re screaming out for a mobile overhead marking half forward who can kick goals. This could be him."

But no response from you? Unlike when I posted the same several months back. Never mind though; you're using the Ignore function I'd say.

[BTW, George blowing that simple chance to ice the Lions game with a regulation goal, or if he can't manage such a simple kick, give it off to the 3 players we had out in space ready to accept a short pass, did my head in. But we knew that was just what to expect of them. Meanwhile the likes of Georgiadis - that's the kind of George I'd like to see on our list - and Olly Henry, both having strong games. A genuine forward takes overhead marks as part of their DNA]

My thoughts on Cumberland quite hopeful.

Reactions: 1 user

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
3 bags full.

Not sure anyone is comparing him to a tall forward option.
We’re screaming out for a mobile overhead marking half forward who can kick goals. This could be him.
My kingdom for a Didak
We don't always agree but do here. Posted similarly way back early in the season. Our FL needs more class in kicking goals and aerial power. Have relied on JR8 for far too long ... and still are, as his 300th proved.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Kicked 5 goals 2 games back in the VFL, but "still has areas to work on" . He kicked another 3 yesterday, I wonder if he gets a game this week? Or perhaps he needs to keep learning what Castagna and Aarts do...............

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Kicked 5 goals 2 games back in the VFL, but "still has areas to work on" . He kicked another 3 yesterday, I wonder if he gets a game this week? Or perhaps he needs to keep learning what Castagna and Aarts do.
Let’s have a look.

Reactions: 2 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Kicked 5 goals 2 games back in the VFL, but "still has areas to work on" . He kicked another 3 yesterday, I wonder if he gets a game this week? Or perhaps he needs to keep learning what Castagna and Aarts do...............
Nah he did plenty of that when he was recovering from his ACL...SFA.

Reactions: 1 user