Welcome Sam Banks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Banks

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Looks like he's 28yo when we have the ball, like he's 15yo when they have it. Very physically young. Literally looks 15yo. Slight. Sensible. Missed through injury this year. Again.

Oozes class and plays with supreme authority at his best. Sends, not just one player but formations to the right space when he has ball in hand and time. Sees it all. Getting some contested recently.

Totally unsuited in the blustery conditions at Arden Street he was off wth his use. But did slot a lazy 55m dob.

Numbers trending up. May get a taste this year. Superhunk.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Looks like he's 28yo when we have the ball, like he's 15yo when they have it. Very physically young. Literally looks 15yo. Slight. Sensible. Missed through injury this year. Again.

Oozes class and plays with supreme authority at his best. Sends, not just one player but formations to the right space when he has ball in hand and time. Sees it all. Getting some contested recently.

Totally unsuited in the blustery conditions at Arden Street he was off wth his use. But did slot a lazy 55m dob.

Numbers trending up. May get a taste this year. Superhunk.
Your favourite out of the Fab 5?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I'm very fickle, SA! He is doing the things we want atm. Not glamour stuff - blue collar stuff. I think we might be close to seeing him.
We didn’t see him this Jack. But he is trending upwards. No preseason but covered kms up and down the wing all year. A good preseason and I am sure he will feature next year.

Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We didn’t see him this Jack. But he is trending upwards. No preseason but covered kms up and down the wing all year. A good preseason and I am sure he will feature next year.
Watched him in a few vfl games and he looks a natural winger to me. Needs an AFL body but he can play.

I am getting more and more confident we may have hit the jackpot with last years draftees.

Reactions: 4 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Much more blue collar last round, SA. Mucking in. Running to receive and manning up. 26 touches.

Sam had choices. He took some very recently. Not altogether out of the question this year, but yeah, bit late now. Still very slender.

He has fans, eh?

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Can seriously play. Classy, dual sided, runs well.

Future generations will write songs about how well we did in the 2021 draft.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Much more blue collar last round, SA. Mucking in. Running to receive and manning up. 26 touches.

Sam had choices. He took some very recently. Not altogether out of the question this year, but yeah, bit late now. Still very slender.

He has fans, eh?
The fans will come thick and fast.

Once the body develops he will be our number 1 wing man. Lock it in.

Big off season in gym. We already know he can run.

• Love

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Looks like Steve Morris was giving out plenty of Gold Stars after the VFL finale, none more so than Banks, (excited to see what a full pre-season brings):

Sam Banks (26 disposals, nine marks, four inside-50s, four rebound-50s)

"He's tracking sensationally, he's had a really strong first year at the Club. His work-rate was super high, he used the ball really well. He's a very exciting player for us, and will be a very good player for years to come."

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Not sure about songs, TF, but you can bet there will be an article or two on "How did Richmond snag Gibcus, Sonsie, Brown, Clarke and Banks in the one draft?"

• Love

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Not sure about songs, TF, but you can bet there will be an article or two on "How did Richmond snag Gibcus, Sonsie, Brown, Clarke and Banks in the one draft?"
They’ll probably just change the rules on us again. No more than 3x200+ gamers from a single draft. Excess must leave as unrestricted free agents.

• Haha

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
By not following the wishes of fans who argued that we should be seeking to trade our 2nd rounders into the first.

Make sure to get that in tune!

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

Didn’t realise he was dual sided.
His kicking looks neat but haven’t really seen him biting of a challenging field kick other than a couple of great kicks for goal on tight angles.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The fans will come thick and fast.

Once the body develops he will be our number 1 wing man. Lock it in.

Big off season in gym. We already know he can run.

It’s great and I am excited with the future of one young Sammie Banks.

I think KMac took three full preseasons and two full seasons in the VFL (2013 and 2014) to build his size and tank before his first game in Rd 1 2015 running off Judd down the southern wing. I remember Dimma saying Big Mac was his prediction of the break out player for that year - I reckon when Banks is ready he will smash it also.

the draft of 21
three have already begun
to set the AFL a light
there are two more to go
with the Brown and Banks show
ensuring tigs remain in top flight

…… hand me the whisky again….. please

• Love