Welcome Sam Banks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Banks

5 disposals in 75 mins. 54 m gained.

Juddy Clarke, 4 disposals, 23mins. 171m gained, although turned it over twice.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Let him find some form in the VFL. He's got some good traits but is way off the pace of AFL footy. Not sure if he'll make it?

Completely ineffectual.
Again.
A real worry.

Reactions: 1 users
Useless. Not AFL standard. Delist at end of year if possible. Only to be played again in case of extreme injuries. Won’t ever be a functional, average AFL player - dreadful recruitment

• Haha
Useless. Not AFL standard. Delist at end of year if possible. Only to be played again in case of extreme injuries. Won’t ever be a functional, average AFL player - dreadful recruitment
but apart from that he's pretty good.

• Haha
Playing Banks again is the first serious blemish for the Ooze.

Mediocre in the Magoos and has less than no impact in the 1s.

Playing Banks again is the first serious blemish for the Ooze.

Mediocre in the Magoos and has less than no impact in the 1s.
To be fair to Yeezy, Sonz and Juddy were unavailable at the start of the year. I'm okay with him finding out for himself nice and early that the likes of Banks and Dow are not the answer. It also gives Banks a chance to go back to VFL, work on his deficiences and maybe show more in a second crack later in the year. He'll be relieved of his delusions.

Reactions: 6 users
Unfortunately I don't think he's got the leg speed he needs.

I dont reckon he's got anything he needs?

seems almost a uniquely weaponless footballer to me?

doesn't do any single thing terribly, doesn't do any single thing great.

A footballing Taylor Swift? Thats what state leagues are for.

I like @tigersnake 's simple adage

'I want my bums tough'

Melee Mansell is his pin up boy, and the bare minimum you accept from a Tasmanian

I'm going to coin a new term for this next epoch; A mullock heap footballer; mullock heaper

Sam, Hugo, Cumbo, Dow, MRJ; mullock heapers

Brown, Campbell, Sons; Gold bearing (yes I've retrieved tom brown off the mullock heap. I grew up in Ballarat, where this is common practice)

McCaullife; motherload

Last edited:
  • Haha