Welcome Sam Naismith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Sam Naismith

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I thought he was ok, better than some have been saying. There were a lot of questionable bounces that were allowed to remain.

Reactions: 2 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Nobody was expecting Max Gawn. He’s similar to Soldo. Competes in an agricultural style. Tried hard against the underrated Witts

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I thought he was ok, better than some have been saying. There were a lot of questionable bounces that were allowed to remain.

Absolutely. The center bouncing today was garbage. People are saying how Kitts owned us, but I thought the crap they were bouncing early favoured his bigger bodied ruck style.

No coincidence for mine that when they started to throw the ball up, Naismith looked much better.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Can he and Nank play in the same team? I doubt it (but they will try and learn).

He was ok, played against an A grade ruck. But I was disappointed in his marking.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

That is so sad.

He has lost his Dad and brother to cancer in recent years.

Now his mum is battling cancer.

He's on rookie wages and I'm guessing he doesn't come from a wealthy family. All the club wanted was go pay for his mum's flights to Gold Coast. But, no, we have to settle with an ipad and video call.

Would love to know who in the AFL said no go this. Think they deserve 100,000 hellos from Tiger members.

• Angry
Reactions: 11 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Can he and Nank play in the same team? I doubt it (but they will try and learn).
I took from Yze's post game presser that Balta will be assisting Nank when he's back which I assume must mean Naismith needs to step aside once the skipper is back?

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Absolutely. The center bouncing today was garbage. People are saying how Kitts owned us, but I thought the crap they were bouncing early favoured his bigger bodied ruck style.

No coincidence for mine that when they started to throw the ball up, Naismith looked much better.
Yeh, that one in the last qtr was a shocker. And Witts was allowed to push any opponent out two-handed in the back.

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
One of the best VFL ruckmen against one of the best AFL ruckmen. We shoudn't be surprised with the result of that battle.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
One of the best VFL ruckmen against one of the best AFL ruckmen. We shoudn't be surprised with the result of that battle.
Nah, we just always have the opposition ruckman play there best games against us.
OBrein, McInerny, Darcy, Marshall etc
Naismith was shitt. Balta was 2metres shorter then Witts but outplayed him.
I'm not destroying him after 1 game but against Carlton who used only the Viking he needs to crash and bash him

Flea74

Tiger Rookie
Aug 10, 2004
Horsham

He was ok, played against an A grade ruck. But I was disappointed in his marking.
with the sub rule; ive always been partial to the idea of playing 2 genuine rucks- (especially early in the season when players are cramping- and then more horses for courses based on the long armed beasts like Gawn & Witts) for the first 2.5 quarters and then subbing one out for a smaller runner. Obviously doesnt always work when injury hits.... but just my 10 cents worth for the next 2-3 games; as i feel Nank and Naismith could be very good for us rotating off the bench. One will have a few petrol tickets left to ruck with Balta for the last 1.5 quarters.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
with the sub rule; ive always been partial to the idea of playing 2 genuine rucks- (especially early in the season when players are cramping- and then more horses for courses based on the long armed beasts like Gawn & Witts) for the first 2.5 quarters and then subbing one out for a smaller runner. Obviously doesnt always work when injury hits.... but just my 10 cents worth for the next 2-3 games; as i feel Nank and Naismith could be very good for us rotating off the bench. One will have a few petrol tickets left to ruck with Balta for the last 1.5 quarters.
If Balta is going to play in the forward line he needs to be our 2nd ruck, i thought that before Friday and I still think it now (tho i get why Ryan played with our injuries.)
That means Naismith wont play with Nank.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Ivan Maric said at the pre game function that the club wanted to pay for flights for Naismith's mum to fly to the GC from Gundegai but the AFL wouldn't allow it.
i don't understand this at all...?
how does the AFL overrule a club who wants to do this?
makes no sense

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Have seen varying reviews on the big fellas game.

Witts is a big man and has been a top 5 ruck over the past 5 years or more. so it was a big ask for his first hit out. in such a long time out.

I'm sure he would've been more comfortable against De Koning first up.

I can't see he and Nank in the same team however.

It makes sense they might want to use Balta if he playing forward much akin to the way the Deez used Max and Jackson.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
makes no sense
That’s what I’m trying to work out.
Isn’t it up to the clubs who they take up if they’re the ones paying?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
makes no sense

Perhaps the AFL honcho's thought it might keep a couple of Suns fans out of a seat, forgetting that they only needed a total of 2001 for their whole membership.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Extremely Poor form from the AFL. has millions for welcome to country nonsense and nothing for a genuine heartfelt guy and his Mum.

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
If Balta is going to play in the forward line he needs to be our 2nd ruck, i thought that before Friday and I still think it now (tho i get why Ryan played with our injuries.)
That means Naismith wont play with Nank.
I don't want Nankervis as a forward for significant periods of a game while Balta rucks. I'd prefer to have Lynch and Balta causing headaches in the forward line, and Nank interchanging with Naismith.