Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Ellis would be more reliable back there then shorty at the moment poor fella. I think Pickett would want to play well Saturday and give himself a chance to be a shock replacement

Reactions: 1 users
Don't like the idea of him lining up in a final. We saw what he was like last year and he hasn't improved.

Reactions: 3 users
If stack is passed fit. He needs to go.
Im not sure what Hardwick sees in him.
If it was good enough to get rid of Flappers its time to send short back into the reserves.
Is he allowed to play in the reserves??

Reactions: 1 user
Have held off on my judgement of Shorty because I love a player who is an excellent kick - they can be worth their weight in gold. For this match, we were up in L4 behind the PRE goals. Besides his much criticised weakness in contests, unfortunately what I saw bothered me even more. His elite kicking has dropped off too (although that left-footed snap goal against the Eagles was really needed at the time).
He missed some targets not even getting the ball off his foot properly when he was running out in the open. Just doesn't seem to handle pressure much at all.
Is KMac a chance to return down back? I hate to say it, but he is much harder at it, obviously a strong runner and has improved aerially, but has his kicking improved enough to be trusted in defence? Possibly he should replace Short because finals will be even more contested. Will be watching the VFL final very closely.
So dumb to take Stack from the backline.

watching the replay, about 20 seconds into the second quarter short completely misses an easy handball to caddy. Caddy was laughing at him and telling him to calm down. I think the players are starting to see how panicky he is

Reactions: 2 users
Have held off on my judgement of Shorty because I love a player who is an excellent kick - they can be worth their weight in gold. For this match, we were up in L4 behind the PRE goals. Besides his much criticised weakness in contests, unfortunately what I saw bothered me even more. His elite kicking has dropped off too (although that left-footed snap goal against the Eagles was really needed at the time).
He missed some targets not even getting the ball off his foot properly when he was running out in the open. Just doesn't seem to handle pressure much at all.
Is KMac a chance to return down back? I hate to say it, but he is much harder at it, obviously a strong runner and has improved aerially, but has his kicking improved enough to be trusted in defence? Possibly he should replace Short because finals will be even more contested. Will be watching the VFL final very closely.
So dumb to take Stack from the backline.

LOL, the MC who made this change have over 100 years of AFL experience & you reckon its dumb

LOL, the MC who made this change have over 100 years of AFL experience & you reckon its dumb

Wouldn't be the last match committee to move a forward back or vice versa and get it wrong. Recall the decision to move Rance from the backline!

They haven't got much wrong lately though!

Well how well did it go, Taz? Expecting a first year player, very young and inexperienced at the top level, who came from nowhere to be a roaring success on a HBF, then switch around overnight into a sharp SF (which he did initially). Then he's unceremoniously dropped to the VFL for a slight drop-off in form or effort (could he have suffered some fatigue perhaps as it was forgotten he was a 1st year player after all?), where he cops a probable season-ending injury.
Perhaps the MC are infallible? Perhaps some of us dare to think, observe and comment independently.

Well how well did it go, Taz? Expecting a first year player, very young and inexperienced at the top level, who came from nowhere to be a roaring success on a HBF, then switch around overnight into a sharp SF (which he did initially). Then he's unceremoniously dropped to the VFL for a slight drop-off in form or effort (could he have suffered some fatigue perhaps as it was forgotten he was a 1st year player after all?), where he cops a probable season-ending injury.
Perhaps the MC are infallible? Perhaps some of us dare to think, observe and comment independently.
Its been confirmed that he was dropped for disciplinary reasons Leon, keep up,

And if he played in the seniors that week he might have done a knee or might have got through unscathed, we will never know

Its been confirmed that he was dropped for disciplinary reasons Leon, keep up,

And if he played in the seniors that week he might have done a knee or might have got through unscathed, we will never know

What did he do that was soo bad that the coackroaches like Parrot and ass sniffer brown didn’t hear about it.
It was a dumb decision to drop him.
He was our X factor

What did he do that was soo bad that the coackroaches like Parrot and ass sniffer brown didn’t hear about it.
It was a dumb decision to drop him.
He was our X factor

Maybe, Zipps
But the Club and team have to be bigger than the individual.
My mail is that he was enjoying the nightlife a little too much and was starting to develop a rather healthy opinion of himself.

Maybe, Zipps
But the Club and team have to be bigger than the individual.
My mail is that he was enjoying the nightlife a little too much and was starting to develop a rather healthy opinion of himself.

We haven’t won a flag in 2 years Mann, stuff this ‘Individual’ crap.
Do you think dusty or Castagna don’t like Chervon on Sunday’s and Warehouse on Wednesday’s?
We are the party club,

Do you think dusty or Castagna don’t like Chervon on Sunday’s and Warehouse on Wednesday’s?
We are the party club,

That may be the case, but allegedly Stackman liked a number of night spots on a number of nights

We are the party club,
:rotfl2
Chevron and warehouse. Classic.