Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Terrible early. Those kicks out of D50 in the first half can cost you finals.

Something is wrong with his action. I hope he spends the week off getting it right.

Yep most of his kicks are helicopter mungs. His kicking it like a bloke who didn’t grow up playing the game.

I would have agreed wholeheartedly a month ago.

But he has butchering the ball for a month now.

and hes not a star you hope hits form.

he's handy fringe.

He's a one trick pony, whose trick isn't working.

back 7 - Broady, Grimes, DTLD, Houli, Bakes, Vlastuin, Brando/Kmac/Sheds/Caddy.

shorty out.

give him a seat in the GF parade if we make it.

just dont let him on the field.

and If he does get on the field, let me be proven a Buffoon.

You’re not a buffoon Easy.

I think most would have the Stackman in the front row.

But, that’s not likely to happen.

So in all likelihood he stays in .

Let’s back him in.

Having two Short threads is hurting my head, @Mr T. Merge please!

Let's talk about Shorty's kicking. Why has it gone to *smile*? Because he's kicking under pressure. He doesn't have time to do his little flick-the-point-of-the-ball-towards-the-sky-before-you-kick-it routine, a technique practically built to break down under pressure. As his left hand comes off the ball, a millisecond before he drops the ball onto the boot, the part of the pill he kicks is pointing at the sky. Fatally flawed, under any sort of pressure, much like the rest of his game.

Reactions: 1 user
Was horrendous in the first half. Can't trust him finals. Baker is much more trustworthy

Reactions: 2 users
There is downside and that's understanding of team mates and holding the structures that has made the backline such a strong unit. I say I don't believe they will mess with this now as it's not as if we have learnt anything new about him from today's game. There's been plenty of opportunities to drop Short in past few weeks and MC haven't. Logically why would they do so now goi g into the first final?

Yep

He’s in the team to provide attacking play out of the backline. The problem is you need to be able to hit targets in that role. He can’t even get the ball to spin properly; nearly every kick is a helicopter mongrel.

He’s a butcher and I fear will cost us big time in the pressure of finals. Just not sure who we replace him with in that role. Geez I wish Stackman was fit:confused:

At present, you could replace him with Steve Morris, and we'd lose nothing.

I know his best puts a weapon in our arsenal,

but the last month its like hes going into battle with an over ripe banana.

How long do the MC persist?

If he panic-coughs it up repeatedly in the Q final, do they hope he comes good for a semi/prelim?

I was a shorty fan and railed against spook and snake, so I reckon Im pretty objective on Shorty,

and I'm not objective on very much.

He's an OK fringe player, really down on form. And its his strength has inexplicably become his weakness.

Its serious

The match committee around me today dropped Shorty before the game ended. Made a few boo boos today did the Short one.

I was a Short fan way back, he had good run and carry and showed potential to be a quarterback. I felt for him when he was crucified against Footscray with deliberate OOB and that rushed behind.

He may yet come good but I don't buy the backline balance thing. Houli plays free regardless of whether Short's been in the side or not. I'd have KMac in the side, at least he nails some kicks and can play a defensive role.

I'm a simple man but just can't see what Shorty offers us right now.