Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Is now harder at the contest and can defend one on one. Has improved. He and Baker are sensational. Great to see. I’ve been following Richmond all my life and saw my first game live in 1980. This is the best group of players we’ve ever had. Maybe not the number of superstars as I saw in 1980 but far deeper list of talent.

Reactions: 7 users
He's playing well. Using the ball beautifully and has a harder edge to his game. Still needs to improve his tackling. Tackles with his arms instead of his body and lets too many through.

Reactions: 4 users
Is now harder at the contest and can defend one on one. Has improved. He and Baker are sensational. Great to see. I’ve been following Richmond all my life and saw my first game live in 1980. This is the best group of players we’ve ever had. Maybe not the number of superstars as I saw in 1980 but far deeper list of talent.

Noticeably better one on one. Pushed his opponent under the ball a couple of times for an uncontested mark.
I see Leppa has been in his ear.
Love seeing players improve. Bravo

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I have been a bit of a Short knocker. And I've been right, mostly. In terms of ball butchery, softness, panicky moments, weakness in contests and defensively. He gifted the Eagles two late goals in the third tonight - the first via a weak tackle and the second because a touch from an opponent was enough to cause a turnover with a minute to play. But he was otherwise good. He's improving. I admire that. Using his wheels more. Better, more insightful use than DTLS of yore. Thinking his way out of trouble instead of panic dump-kicking.

I haven't called for him to be dropped all season (I don't think?) and I won't be starting now.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Noticeably better one on one. Pushed his nan under the ball a couple of times for an uncontested mark.
I see Leppa has been in his ear.
Love seeing players improve. Bravo
Geez mate that's a low bar. I reckon even I'd be a chance of pushing his nan under the ball a couple of times.

• Haha
I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I have been a bit of a Short knocker. And I've been right, mostly. In terms of ball butchery, softness, panicky moments, weakness in contests and defensively. He gifted the Eagles two late goals in the third tonight - the first via a weak tackle and the second because a touch from an opponent was enough to cause a turnover with a minute to play. But he was otherwise good. He's improving. I admire that. Using his wheels more. Better, more insightful use than DTLS of yore. Thinking his way out of trouble instead of panic dump-kicking.

I haven't called for him to be dropped all season (I don't think?) and I won't be starting now.

can only assume Dimma is using different stats or measurements to yours... in best 10~15

I didnt think shorty was much chop tonight.

gained a kilometre,

but I thought defensively, he was found a little wanting, and a bit exposed by Dylans absence?

I know thats not his bag, and I'm probably wrong.

he was probably great?

a couple of blues but overall great. he's toughened up this year.

Don't know why people constantly look for flaws in someone's armoury rather than what they bring :rolleyes: , brilliant season Shorty, keep it up lad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Don't know why people constantly look for flaws in someone's armoury rather than what they bring :rolleyes: , brilliant season Shorty, keep it up lad.

Love what my boy is bringing this year.

I was a sceptic. Actually I was one of his biggest critics. But he is putting together a very good season. Would be up there in the Jack Dyer medal.

Reactions: 1 users
I was a sceptic. Actually I was one of his biggest critics. But he is putting together a very good season. Would be up there in the Jack Dyer medal.
Had a really good year. His contested ball efforts have improved. Was nice to hear him finally getting some credit in the media too when they mentioned he's a chance for All Australian in a back pocket

Very good player.

Just knows where to stand now. So many times he mopped up tonight from good positioning.

Experience counts for a lot in today’s complicated game.

Super impressed with Shorty last night. Best game I've seen him play. So good that I wonder if we would have won without him there last night.

He's very decisive and sharp with his first movement when he gets the ball that he always makes great separation from any opponent.

becoming a jet

Reactions: 1 user