Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Sensational work Shorty

I was so critical of this bloke's hardness early days, but he never shirks a contest these days.

Absolute gun

Reactions: 2 users
Reckon he had 6 touches in the first few minutes or so.
For his 2nd game playing primarily as a mid, he's going well.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks a more dangerous player playing up the ground.
His ball use looks much better.

We’ll done Shorty, signed with us on a 5 year deal.
Takes him off the table as a FA. I’m in no doubt other clubs would have been putting the feelers out.

We’ll done Shorty, signed with us on a 5 year deal.
Takes him off the table as a FA. I’m in no doubt other clubs would have been putting the feelers out.
Absolutely, Willo. Almost at Lambert levels as a speculative rookie pick.

Reactions: 1 user
I have had reservations about the contract length with one caveat. If he's now a midfielder, it could prove a bargain. Was brilliant against the WAFL witches hats and was great again yesterday against a midfield that still has some quality in it.

Reactions: 3 users
I rarely comment on Shorty, i know some think he is ordinary and others think he is great, im in between tbh.

I know alot if not most players when young have had stints in the midfield, from memory Shorty was a mid as a junior and got plenty of it, even the first year or two he was playing VFL for us as a mid and getting plenty, the fact he has spent a few good years including a B&F in a premiership year in the backline would have to suggest he is a more rounded player now.

Lets hope he can continue with the mids as not only are we a little lite with age and injuries his strong kicks are a real weapon out of the centre.

Dimma said he was a massive bargain in the pre game media thing.

I don’t know as the player you take that as my manager should have got me more or the club loves me. Seems the latter as short was good again.

He and a fit Prestia give us the transition mids that are vital in today's game.

Loving the new dynamics.
Our positional changes have us looking far more potent. Moving shorty to the middle also allows us to find another HBF out of Brown or Banks. Not sure Baker is a lock down there but DRioli is killing it.

People were largely critical of Shorty for getting cheap disposals (ie., taking kick ins) and just bombing long. I think he's well and truly stamped that belief out. Still racking up the possessions (winning a lot more CP now in the middle) and some of those passes were a joy to behold. Imagine having beautiful kicks in our team, like Shai, Martin, Short.

4 good games in a row as a mid now. Makes our midfield a heap quicker and more dynamic. We look dangerous on the spread with the likes of Short, Prestia and Bolton in there. This is an area we need to keep improving if we want to match Melbourne.

Reactions: 6 users
Wrinkle to his midfield role On Saturday night.

We are using Short the exact way Carlton use Sam Walsh. Was highlighted by the Fox crew on Friday night that Walsh starts at basically centre half forward and pushes into the midfield as the 7th mid. Creates space in the 50 and makes him hard to stop. We did this with Short a lot on Saturday night.

Reactions: 3 users
Wrinkle to his midfield role On Saturday night.

We are using Short the exact way Carlton use Sam Walsh. Was highlighted by the Fox crew on Friday night that Walsh starts at basically centre half forward and pushes into the midfield as the 7th mid. Creates space in the 50 and makes him hard to stop. We did this with Short a lot on Saturday night.
Loving the flexibility that this gives us

Dusty Shai and Short all starting forward and able to move onball at any time.
Through in Graham and Lambo when fit and its unique in rotation options

Reactions: 1 user