Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

He started in the forward line. I think Dimma was trying to shakeup our forward mix after dropping George, Aarts, and MJ

Dusty will of course push Shorty back in the midfield pecking order. He's great as one of the 7-8 good players rotating through, you need that rotation depth.

Reactions: 1 user
So if he isn't working out as a mid do we try to squeeze him onto our now overcrowded backline? Who makes way? Rioli? Baker?
Along with all of our tall backs there's no room for him in defence any more.

Can he play as a pressure forward and snap goals? Not sure, perhaps it's worth a crack.

But for mine, he's not a good midfielder, not sure he makes it as a small forward and we have a plethora of backs, therefore he should be trade bait at seasons end and will hopefully net us a late first rounder.

Issue is he's been re-signed long term. I raised this re Short a while ago. If we consider him a HBF he was expendable and should have probably have been shifted. If we consider him a midfielder (albeit a second tier one), he stays and you build around him to take the pressure. Could he play high half forward? Could (and have done) a lot worse this year.

He batted #4 yesterday, behind Dion, Cotch and Graham. Too high in the order for both Jayden and Jack, especially with Dion still NQR.

Reactions: 3 users
I dont think he has been getting the midfield minutes he got when he was first moved there this year. His first 2 games as a midfielder for the whole game where actually really good. Then we got a few mids back and they started shifting him around and hes gone to *smile*. Just tell him he is now going to be played as a midfielder and leave it be.

Reactions: 1 users
I dont think he has been getting the midfield minutes he got when he was first moved there this year. His first 2 games as a midfielder for the whole game where actually really good. Then we got a few mids back and they started shifting him around and hes gone to *smile*. Just tell him he is now going to be played as a midfielder and leave it be.
Should be played as the centre man.

His starting position in some games has been the Lambert half forward role.

One thing that irritated me was Short was off the ground 2 or 3 times under the blood rule for the gash over his eye.
Why didn’t the medicos just put a bandage around his noggin?
Correct.
Who does he think he is?
A metro sexual Francis Bourke?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
This week was the 1st week his centre bounce attendance numbers were down- he only went in 4 times, probably due to Sonsie coming in.
Short is the same footballer he has always been, good at getting loose balls, runs hard to receive, kicks long, but not always smartly and not always accurately.
Against the Blues a few weeks ago, he had 16 i50s, for 4 score involvements. that has to be some kind of (bad) record. 900mtrs gained, with 13 turn overs. that's extreme even for Shorty, but it sums his ball use up well.

Reactions: 3 users
This week was the 1st week his centre bounce attendance numbers were down- he only went in 4 times, probably due to Sonsie coming in.
Short is the same footballer he has always been, good at getting loose balls, runs hard to receive, kicks long, but not always smartly and not always accurately.
Against the Blues a few weeks ago, he had 16 i50s, for 4 score involvements. that has to be some kind of (bad) record. 900mtrs gained, with 13 turn overs. that's extreme even for Shorty, but it sums his ball use up well.
Yeh, its been pointed out numerous times that converting his kicks into Score involvements and Score launches is at the very low end. His ranking is poor. I think that teams do not mind him having the ball becuase he doesn't hurt with his possessions.

Reactions: 1 users
Short best position is half back.
This year hasn't been good, his kicking has declined and overall game has dropped off dramatically.
Fingers crossed he goes back to HB and settles down

Reactions: 2 users