Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

Can't hide him in the backline. Should have been dropped on current form.

Reactions: 1 user
Was worst on ground up until half time. Then got involved with some crucial ground ball gets.

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t whether it’s a result of having played midfield for a lot of this year, but he struggled one on one defensively when in the backline today. Was a liability.

Looked better when shifted up the ground & we looked better with Baker back.

Was worst on ground up until half time. Then got involved with some crucial ground ball gets.
Yep, was OK once up the ground, but woeful down back.
Won't get dropped, but won't play backline again this year.

Funny at the start of the 3rd the commentators were saying we moved Short forward to find some spark, totally missing we swapped he and Baker to find some defence.

Reactions: 3 users
I think someone spoke to him at three q time because he really cracked in in the last q. Terrible game as mentioned but really pleased he put some fearless efforts in in the last q

He wasn’t alone with his skill errors in the first half.
Gave us some drive in the second half which is a credit to him after a poor and costly first half.

Looks down on confidence after being moved out of the midfield to flank roles again.
For a guy who's built a reputation on his kicking he's turning it over a lot.
It wouldn't be a massive surprise to see him left out & gain some form in the 2s.
Probably gets another game though. Don't think we'll change too much.

In short,Short needs to stay in the side.When he is on there is no one in the team that kicks as long and true.Sure his first half was questionable,but so was the team,and coach.

Regressed. Some poor efforts in the first half. Did improve as the game went on and has grown this year as a midfield option but in a bit of a funk atm. Sonsie looks better in the midfield.

Regressed. Some poor efforts in the first half. Did improve as the game went on and has grown this year as a midfield option but in a bit of a funk atm. Sonsie looks better in the midfield.
Agree. I'm seeing some George hiccups in his play.

On current form, I reckon I would prefer to have Brown down back than Short.

Reminding me a lot of Nick Daffy at the moment. Just gets the ball and throws it on his boot as quick as he can without any regard for players around him in a better posiiton, or hitting up players down the field. On a number of occasions last night, he had a player running shotgun for the handball and he just rushed it onto his boot instead. Seems to be in panic mode.

Reactions: 7 users