Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Kaleb Smith

Like Kleb, kids got some pretty good game at VFL level n no doubt he'll be in the running for a senior game or three this year, but I do have one glaring issue to his game.
It could be pure inexperience, it could be just from an upgrade in speed n pressure at VFL level compared to juniors. Which means that it could be fairly dramatic at senior level.
Last couple of games, I've noticed that Kleb gets caught out while trying to over work or over create coming out of defence. Not sure if it's just some early growing into match tempo, momentary brain farts, or a minor lack of awareness. AFL level is totally another level of pressure n speed and getting regularly mown down from a position of time and space while trying to do to much might stifle his development a tad.

Reactions: 2 users
Like Kleb, kids got some pretty good game at VFL level n no doubt he'll be in the running for a senior game or three this year, but I do have one glaring issue to his game.
It could be pure inexperience, it could be just from an upgrade in speed n pressure at VFL level compared to juniors. Which means that it could be fairly dramatic at senior level.
Last couple of games, I've noticed that Kleb gets caught out while trying to over work or over create coming out of defence. Not sure if it's just some early growing into match tempo, momentary brain farts, or a minor lack of awareness. AFL level is totally another level of pressure n speed and getting regularly mown down from a position of time and space while trying to do to much might stifle his development a tad.
Kaleb has tonnes of speed up his sleeve but maybe it's just a judgement issue. He was top 5 in 20m sprint in all combines in his draft year 2.88secs

Kaleb has tonnes of speed up his sleeve but maybe it's just a judgement issue. He was top 5 in 20m sprint in all combines in his draft year 2.88secs
It's not leg speed I'm talking about, it's the cogitating n awareness process in between his ears. Could be absolutely nothing n simply part of the developing n growing process as he adjusts from kiddie footy to grown up footy to AFL level footy. Just a little flaw I've noticed.

Reactions: 1 user
Well done Kaleb. Finally!!!

Classic line from Kaleb. Talk about shitting the pants. :ROFLMAO:

Funny you say that. Watching last weeks game I thought he’d lost a yard. Same in some others at PRO. Maybe his foot injury ? Might take some time to get back ? Dunno but he looked lightening when he first arrived, now he looks just standard ?

Funny you say that. Watching last weeks game I thought he’d lost a yard. Same in some others at PRO. Maybe his foot injury ? Might take some time to get back ? Dunno but he looked lightening when he first arrived, now he looks just standard ?
Spent al lot of time non weight bearing Drof, will have had some level of muscle strength size and power as a result of atrophy. Has had his training loads managed for most of the season so far and his game time also early doors, he's been a slow burn due to the management.

That power from the foot derived from the plantar and dorsi flexion on the balls of the foot where the spring comes from, he might be a little light on from the navicular recovery.

No doubt he will get some of that back if he can get into preseason and get the miles and work in.

Along with Seth Kaleb looks to be one of the cleverer juniors we've got.

Will compliment Seth and Kane going forward.

Reactions: 8 users
Great to hear he is in line for a debut game.

Congratulations Kaleb have a great debut son.

Enjoy, your a senior Tiger now.

go Kaleb, may this game set you up for the season and beyond with your journey at Richmond. May you become a great player, leader and producer.

Reactions: 2 users
I absolutely love the way Kaleb was told over the coffee machine. Yze is growing that connection with the young boys. Great stuff

Reactions: 6 users