Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome To Richmond - Steely Green

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
i reckon at half time Gawn and Grundy figured out they were a lot stronger than Ryan so just started to batter him. They then took over the ruck contests.

In the 1st half they were jumping with him and Samson played really well.

As you say, they clearly had a discussion at half time, and changed to jumping into Samson to knock him off balance. Worked a treat and they got well on top of him. Once he improves his physical and most importantly cores strength so its harder to knock him off balance, we will see more of what we saw in that 1st half against Melbourne.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Was really impressed today. Made a couple of mistakes early flying for the ball but that didn't unsettle him. His ball use in particular was impressive.
We need a surprise packet. Want to see more against the Pies but maybe Steely is it? :cool:

Reactions: 6 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Looks the goods.
Exciting times at the Tiges methinks

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Wondering whether Greeny might be able to play midfield. He won a good clearance from a boundary throw in that resulted in Shorty's goal.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Wondering whether Greeny might be able to play midfield. He won a good clearance from a boundary throw in that resulted in Shorty's goal.
That’s where he played a lot for SF under 19’s.

He’ll need another 5 or 6 kg first though.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Plays before Mansell everyday of the week. Watched his junior highlights again. Strong mark, good tackler and good decision maker.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Was really impressed today. Made a couple of mistakes early flying for the ball but that didn't unsettle him. His ball use in particular was impressive.
We need a surprise packet. Want to see more against the Pies but maybe Steely is it? :cool:
Steely along with Seth and Coulthard may provide some much-needed pace and class with ball in hand. that the forward line has lacked since Daniel went back and Butler went to the Aints.

Bolton Sonz also running through there and of course the GOAT and Lynch/ Koz /could prove to be a real handful and unpredictable.

Jud Cumbo and Moju best get their skates on its hotting up for small forward spots.

Will be interesting to see how they fare against the skunks

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Lightening Balta Melee

$hai Tom Dusty

has a lovely balance of speed, tough, crunch, class, chaos and magic

our midfield still bats deep, and the back 6 looks significantly better with Gibbo back.

we're gonna win more games than everyone thinks, including me

That FF line should be good for 150 goals

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Don’t need to. Seen him at AFL enough to suggest serviceable but mediocre is his ceiling. Try new blood with potential
Agree
It’s not disrespectful to Mansell to hope that we could have better options for the long term and Steely could be one

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
The thing im really excited about, is for years, weve thought

'Jeez i wish we had 3 of bakes - 1 on each line'

Now theres a reasonable prospect we've got two.

Steely has more than the obvious bakes qualities: WA, dimunitive, with a subtle mullet.

Hes one touch, brave, and very clean by foot.

I think Clarke has scored another late bullseye here.

Just need one more now.

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Agree
It’s not disrespectful to Mansell to hope that we could have better options for the long term and Steely could be one

No its not.

Id love to upgrade that Bolton kid,

Someone as fast and flexible whose like jason dunstall on a set shot

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Auspicious starting in the #48 too. Following in the footsteps of Grimes, Lambert and Baker himself.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
So in the space of one low key low intensity match sim he has gone from dustbowl to the clouds.
Seriously if this kid keeps up this trajectory by half time vs the pies he'll have the Coleman in the bag

Lets hope he plays 5 games in his debut season and does well

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Lightening Balta Melee

$hai Tom Dusty

has a lovely balance of speed, tough, crunch, class, chaos and magic

our midfield still bats deep, and the back 6 looks significantly better with Gibbo back.

we're gonna win more games than everyone thinks, including me

That FF line should be good for 150 goals
Where are the high half forwards playing congestion footy?
Sure its a great forward line for 1985 but we'll have a couple going up the ground a la Lambert and Graham

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
No its not.

Id love to upgrade that Bolton kid,

Someone as fast and flexible whose like jason dunstall on a set shot

Too right - though presumably the Bolton kid would remain in the 22 despite being overshadowed by his "upgrade"

If we uncovered a better alternative to Mansell (whether or not it's Steely Green) - I'm not convinced there'd be spots in the team for both

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
The thing im really excited about, is for years, weve thought

'Jeez i wish we had 3 of bakes - 1 on each line'

Now theres a reasonable prospect we've got two.

Steely has more than the obvious bakes qualities: WA, dimunitive, with a subtle mullet.

Hes one touch, brave, and very clean by foot.

I think Clarke has scored another late bullseye here.

Just need one more now.
He was compared with Bakes in his draft profile I believe. I have been told by someone at the club that he is doing absolutely everything to improve. Doing everything plus more on the track and off it too.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users