Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

I thought danny was really good in the first half.

Possibly our only bloke the umps didnt managed to penalise?

Gets out marked by his opponent every single week.
Time he went back to the 2's
I have noticed that too that he gets out marked often...begs the question Why do we kick it long to him one on one? Happens a few times every game.

Reactions: 1 users
Im one of his biggest fans but reckons he needs 3 or 4 weeks in the reserves...try him again in a months time.

Does he still have the hunger and the instincts that he used to have? Seems to be very content.

Can they please not make it a 1 week omission again like they do every single time he’s dropped. I wanna see 3+ goals for multiple weeks at VFL level before he’s considered again.

I’ve really gotta query why we are opening contract talks on a 2 year deal when he’s been dropped twice inside the first 10 weeks. We’ve got more players to come back, so where is he in this side when they’re fit?

Reactions: 1 user
Went downhill after leaving Mrs Hardwick.

Sucked in by the skirts and that was it.

The lad has probably lost his drive his hunger and his focus.

Hardwick said earlier that his role is mentally draining and from time to time he needs to freshen up in the VFL.

He was dropped for Round 4 & 9-10 last year, Round 4 & 11 this year.

Reactions: 4 users
My question is can he sustain a spot in the side playing a role of guarding space when the game is constantly changing?

Reactions: 1 user
If we're honest we need to admit that Rioli hasn't been the same since he lost Fev as his mentor.

• Haha
If we're honest we need to admit that Rioli hasn't been the same since he lost Fev as his mentor.
I think a combination of that and just not seeming right physically. Where has the manic running & pressure gone. There a couple of passages in the Geelong game a few weeks ago where he ran hard and took the game on. That’s the Rioli from 2017 that I remember. Been a shadow of that ever since.