Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

I think DRioli is going to have to be reinvented, this is the way ( all been well) I see our forward line lining up over the next couple of year , talls Lynch/CJ/Jack , mid/sm Dusty, Shai, George, Aarts...next in line Parker, MJ , obviously Dusty and Shai will have midfield time, however I’ve got no doubt Dustys fwd/mid time will become more 70 fwd, 20 mid, 10 pine.

Aarts and George are offering more with defensive pressure and the other will offer more allround imho.

Signing for another 2 years , however I don’t see a spot forward for him atm , could he play wing or impact of half back ?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I think DRioli is going to have to be reinvented, this is the way ( all been well) I see our forward line lining up over the next couple of year , talls Lynch/CJ/Jack , mid/sm Dusty, Shai, George, Aarts...next in line Parker, MJ , obviously Dusty and Shai will have midfield time, however I’ve got no doubt Dustys fwd/mid time will become more 70 fwd, 20 mid, 10 pine.

Aarts and George are offering more with defensive pressure and the other will offer more allround imho.

Signing for another 2 years , however I don’t see a spot forward for him atm , could he play wing or impact of half back ?
He's been playing below his talent level for years. He's been doing that though to fulfil his designated role and we've won premierships. I think his issue is hunger I feel. The hunger to chase and harrass but give up his offensive, creative side.
I don't see him having enough endurance to play wing.
I still think he's best suited to half forward, with maybe bursts in the middle to use his creativity. We need to motivate him. He hasn't lost his talent, just his will.

He's been playing below his talent level for years. He's been doing that though to fulfil his designated role and we've won premierships. I think his issue is hunger I feel. The hunger to chase and harrass but give up his offensive, creative side.
I don't see him having enough endurance to play wing.
I still think he's best suited to half forward, with maybe bursts in the middle to use his creativity. We need to motivate him. He hasn't lost his talent, just his will.
I believe he has a very good tank mate , pretty sure he had a great combination of speed and endurance at draft camp.

Very talented no doubt and a vital cog in our premierships , however this season has been like each year since 2017 imho, ever since he hurt the foot in the GF he’s just been an ok player to me, the name makes him better in reputation

Reactions: 1 user
I believe he has a very good tank mate , pretty sure he had a great combination of speed and endurance at draft camp.

Very talented no doubt and a vital cog in our premierships , however this season has been like each year since 2017 imho, ever since he hurt the foot in the GF he’s just been an ok player to me, the name makes him better in reputation

Dan seems to have an elite tank with very good speed, which makes me think he could play Lambetts HHF role very well.

It would release him from the small forward role and give him a new challenge that he looks like he needs.
I hope they find a way to make the most of his talents as he gets older.

He's one of my favourites.

Would love to see Danial tried at HB or BP, just think he'd be amazing in the backline
I really like Mansell down back franga, however I think it’s worth a try with Daniel.

If it wasn’t for what he brings in the change rooms and been so close to MJ, Shai and co I’d think he’d be the perfect player to trade as imho his trade value is higher then his actual value, dont get me wrong as I like DRioli , just think we have better options and I’d rather lose Daniel then Shai when the cap is getting a bit tight

Rio in the middle.

Could have had 3 goals, should definitely had 2 , (blatant trip), in 5 minutes of footy. Glad Dan got on for a cameo for Dreamtime but hopefully Dion was feigning injury.

I wonder if either Stack or Parker would be considered fit enough to come in for Rioli , not that excat same role, however as small forwards

Reactions: 1 users
There was a contest on the wing in the 3rd where he ignored the ball because he would have copped contact. It wasn’t how he would usually hit the contest. He’s not playing with any confidence.

I wonder if either Stack or Parker would be considered fit enough to come in for Rioli , not that excat same role, however as small forwards
Stacks the one. It's time to roll the dice on him and see if he can recapture his 2019 form. We need a spark badly, and he's the one most likely to provide it.

Reactions: 2 users
If he plays after bye or is named as emergency the match committee can get stuffed. Dimma being sentimental with this selection.

He’s giving us nothing. Nada. Bubkus. I can’t recall the last good game game he played. Really disappointing considering what he once was.

It’s sad to see given the player he was in 2017. Aggressively ran & competed from contest to contest. Not a shadow of that now & certainly not worth a spot In the best 22 any longer.