Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Maybe he sated and more interested in his girlfriend and life out of footy.

Has he lost the hunger or the edge.

Had his contractual one match in the reserves after being dropped (well overdue) then comes back in because of need to cover injuries, not because he has regained form. If there is no one else on the list that can fill his spot means we have more concerns than I thought. Cannot think of one player of the triple premiership group who is less deserving of a game in 2021. In 2016 I was expecting him to turn into something like Bolton is today. I am afraid he is a lot closer to Stengle now. One tackle says all you need to know about his pressure game.

Has anyone noticed he always turns away from goal when he gets possessions in the forward 50. It annoys the hell out of me. All he has to do sometimes is turn into goal and he has an easy shot but for some reason always turns away and makes it someone else's problem.

Not sure if he has been trained this way but it is dead set leaving easy goals on the table

Reactions: 1 user
Have the credits for the three-time premiership player run out??
Despite Dimma's insistence that he does a lot of things for the team that we ordinary punters can't see or aren't aware of, I do think Rioli's contribution has tapered right off. I would rather see an inexperienced player getting a crack now, because Rioli, from what I can se, is bringing very little to the team.

Needs to be dropped to the VFL, to learn to be a wingman, build a tank and reinvent himself if he wants to play with his nephew next year.,
This kid unfortunately needs to mature in the head and move on from poisonous aftermarth Mia Fevola has left on him, definately think he can be a star, but for mine, simply not doing the required work to develop into a great.

Reactions: 2 users
This decline is also applicable to Castagna. Maybe there is some merit in loss of development by allowing players to basically just be defensive / pressure orientated.

Major flaws in their game.

Reactions: 2 users
Needs to play further up the ground. Get more involved. Get his hands on the footy.

Where playing a man down.
A 2nd gamer gave him a bath.
And im sick and tired of watching him, watch players out mark him
Bring in Ralph or Stack.
Because where playing a man down every time he plays.

I was thinking / hoping the incoming Junior would possibly re ignite him and pick him up and get him going again.

Badly out of form. Never been the same since 2017 GF. Who knows if that’s the injury. Has to go back to VFL for extended period & try other positions/roles. Can no longer be carried at AFL level. Assess at end of year but think we’d be better off trading him if anyone wants him.

Rioli has sacrificed his game and personal performance for a specific role that has delivered us 3 flags and we should be grateful to him for the rest of our lives.

Early days he was showing signs of becoming a devastating attacking goal kicking small forward. However the role he's played has been so taxing that he hasn't been able to get near the early potential and has changed him as a player (you could argue has ruined him). But I'm sure Daniel wouldn't trade any of his 3 premiership medals.

Reactions: 6 users