Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
His positional move has saved his career

Has all the tools to be elite in the position

Great coaching

Reactions: 1 user

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Loved his game tonight. Looked more composed and instinctive than I have seen him since 2017.

Rioli has just taken Houli’s place in our team and should have Houli as his personal coach now.

Reactions: 5 users

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
Liking what I'm seeing with the new role, hopefully onwards and upwards from here on.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Excellent game. Hope it continues. Would be great to have an in-form Rioli and Stack on each half back flank for the next few years.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Foot skills off half back.

I get the feeling long ball types like Houli and Short are yesterday.

Rioli and Stack are *smile* lethal over 35.
Yes, Carts. Gotta hit targets. That's why I say trade Jayden: he's the worst 'elite' kick I've ever seen.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Brilliant game tonight. Best game for some time. His foot skills are beautiful. Was running at 100% efficiency half way through the 3rd.

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Solid game. Real solid.

Lot of water to pass under the bridge before its a full time success.

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Rioli , Mansell and Stack across the back ! all 3 looked good tonight

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
He had speed and good at feeling the heat. He hit up the outside players so many times tonight. 19 disposals from half back isn't too shabby

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
He had speed and good at feeling the heat. He hit up the outside players so many times tonight. 19 disposals from half back isn't too shabby
95% efficiency with those 19 disposals is even more impressive.

Reactions: 3 users

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Looks really composed and is running to the right spots. Like what I’m seeing so far.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dan sat on Cameron last night right? Did well enough in his 2nd game as a defender.

Loved his speed in closing down and tackling ferocity. Good use of the ball when bringing it out. Needs a bit of work on the skill of spoiling and out positioning the opponent but he's showing good signs.

Give him a few more games and when he finally feels comfortable down back, lookout.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
First point. A foot race. Daniel is out of position chasing a loose that is moving towards their goals. Dave is closer and closing. Daniel does not take ground from Dave. He did accelerate but could not get the closing speed.

Dave is a 3.0. Daniel is a 2.89, or was. (Injury in 2017? Did it have a lasting impact? Looks that way.) But Daniel still has some acceleration. Maybe turning is a big deal.

We move him to HB.

He was not BOG. Not even prolific. But he looked a natural. And how long was he out before he reinvented himself? It was quick.
Reckon the camera angles was deceptive for his chase with Dave. Discount the reading.

Daniel is not the fastest back pocket we have but is marked upgrade speedwise compared to Bach. Has zip and will improve field positioning to close out the open break.

Its Mansell who brings real speed.
overall with Daniel, Mansell and Stacky we have increased our backline buzz