Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Looks a rejuvenated player. use by foot was elite. Didn’t do anything too difficult but did it all well.

Reactions: 2 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
A full pre-season to hone the art of half back, and we have a solution for replacing Houli. A lot to like with Rioli at half back. I just hope the slipping over aspect of his game doesn't hurt us too much in the defensive end.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Rioli , Mansell and Stack across the back ! all 3 looked good tonight
Hmmm. Going from 3 quick small defensive forwards locking the ball in. To three quick small rebounding defenders to lock the ball out. Might just be the way to refresh the " Era " under Shocking's new AFL rules.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think we are gonna see the best version of danny at HB.

superb coaching.

i am so happy

Reactions: 11 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think we are gonna see the best version of danny at HB.

superb coaching.

i am so happy
I agree EzYt , kid has talent and half back is probaly the easiest place to play at AFL level, the key is will he be our Houli or Short

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Hmmm. Going from 3 quick small defensive forwards locking the ball in. To three quick small rebounding defenders to lock the ball out. Might just be the way to refresh the " Era " under Shocking's new AFL rules.

This may have been the resetting Dimma was talking about plus the 3 pronged forward line.

Quite a change in game plan - with regards 4 small running defenders (Short, Stack, Mansell and Rioli). Interesting to see what happens when Balta, Broad and Vlas return assuming Houli doesn’t get a farewell game.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
With rioli, stack and mansell showing good signs it'll be interesting to see the make up of our backline when everyones fit.

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
yep. and it helps you understand Dimmas nous as a coach (on the fly with others injured), and our flexibility as a team. those 3 were immense last night ..

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Love the move of rioli to the backline. Masterstroke. It's bringing out his natural instincts and flair. Also reckon he has the attributes (speed strength agility) to go with the dangerous small forwards meaning we won't need to rely on grimes as much.

Reactions: 4 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Love how they now clear the manic fwd pressure only to engage more as they enter fwd 50. Put Balta, Broad etc back there and we have some serious rebound out of defence.
Stack as well!
Exciting times.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Love the move of rioli to the backline. Masterstroke. It's bringing out his natural instincts and flair. Also reckon he has the attributes (speed strength agility) to go with the dangerous small forwards meaning we won't need to rely on grimes as much.
Yes it essentially adds another desperately needed KPD whenever Grimes in the past had to play small

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Mansell looks great. Love his agro.
Me too...but I don't think I have ever seen a guy wrapped up in quick tackles so often.
Also seems like he doesn't receive many frees for when he wrap's someone up...maybe its just me.