Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Settling in to the role.

More patience needed for a player who probably has only played 6 games in a totally foreign role.

Reactions: 4 users
Liked his game and growing into the role really well. Him and Stack building a nice partnership

Reactions: 2 users
Great game. Looked natural again. Didnt 2nd guess once.
Love Dan.

Reactions: 1 users
Showing that he can be defender
Dan and Stacky on the flanks and looking good

Reactions: 4 users
The HBF role is looking like a great move. He's a neat user and quick to make a contest, but it moves his pressure game a bit further up the ground. Just looks like this defensive aerial game could use some work.

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon it makes him play on instinct more, he hunts the ball, has an attacking mindset and uses it forward instead of what he was doing, stopping, propping and holding up play when he was forward....I like it....

Reactions: 3 users
I want him to do a bit more with the ball when he gets it, but that's a great step forward.

Foot skills off half back.

I get the feeling long ball types like Houli and Short are yesterday.

Rioli and Stack are *smile* lethal over 35.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Use the ball very well. 95% disposal efficient.
It was 100% at half time.

Reactions: 1 users
I thought he used the ball well and found it a lot more than he has for some time. He’s starting to settle into the role.

Reactions: 1 user
First point. A foot race. Daniel is out of position chasing a loose that is moving towards their goals. Dave is closer and closing. Daniel does not take ground from Dave. He did accelerate but could not get the closing speed.

Dave is a 3.0. Daniel is a 2.89, or was. (Injury in 2017? Did it have a lasting impact? Looks that way.) But Daniel still has some acceleration. Maybe turning is a big deal.

We move him to HB.

He was not BOG. Not even prolific. But he looked a natural. And how long was he out before he reinvented himself? It was quick.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users