Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
My sentiments exactly.

Watching the snippet of him on the news talking about how Dan lived with him for a few years and went up there recently and had a beer.

Dimma had that smirk and you just knew he was loving it. Even if there’s nothing in the story he loved stirring it up and putting heat on the club he used to love. I think he gets as bigger kick out of us struggling as he does with GC potential success.
Who cares?? The smirk got us 3 flags.
Would you rather go back to 2010 and have nothing.
He can smirk as much as he likes.
I'm watching the 2020 GF in slow motion today. What a beautiful day!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
My sentiments exactly.

Watching the snippet of him on the news talking about how Dan lived with him for a few years and went up there recently and had a beer.

Dimma had that smirk and you just knew he was loving it. Even if there’s nothing in the story he loved stirring it up and putting heat on the club he used to love. I think he gets as bigger kick out of us struggling as he does with GC potential success.
Sorry but that’s complete rubbish.

Hardwick knows very well without the RFC he would not be in this position.

Right now he is the GC coach and his allegiance lies there. But when all is done and dusted for him, there is no doubt his love with always remain with the yellow and black.

Reactions: 8 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Who cares?? The smirk got us 3 flags.
Would you rather go back to 2010 and have nothing.
He can smirk as much as he likes.
I'm watching the 2020 GF in slow motion today. What a beautiful day!
Bloody hell, some people carry on like he single handedly turned the club around and that it’s a form of treason to call him out on anything.

Yes he was a big PART of our resurgence but not the sole reason. If he was I’d question why it took him so long. There were many very good quality people both on and off the field who worked hard to bring about the success we all enjoy.

To suggest that makes them exempt from any criticism of current behaviour or decisions is childish. Dimma has moved on and appears to be very happy with it.

Regardless of what he has done in the past he is now part of another club and should be treated as such until his time in the game is up. Then we would all welcome him back with open arms.

Reactions: 6 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I am reminded here of another favourite son, David Cloke who went to Collingwood for the big bucks. I honestly didn't know what to think. My hero had gone to the worst place in the world and we began to flounder. It's the worst part of tribal footy.

Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I am reminded here of another favourite son, David Cloke who went to Collingwood for the big bucks. I honestly didn't know what to think. My hero had gone to the worst place in the world and we began to flounder. It's the worst part of tribal footy.
Don't compare Cloke to Hardwick.
I never understood why we brought him back in 1990

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Brando left for a deal he couldn’t refuse But on good terms. Now he is probably not in Hardwick’s plans. It’d be nice to see him back at Richmond, where he belongs.

Reactions: 1 users

Cooper O'Reilly

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 5, 2021
Don't compare Cloke to Hardwick.
I never understood why we brought him back in 1990
Cloke came back as a favour to KB who was our coach at the time. The club had no money and a very poor list.

I hated him for leaving but Clokey has my respect for coming back and playing for 7 10ths of bugger all to help out a mate.

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Cloke came back as a favour to KB who was our coach at the time. The club had no money and a very poor list.

I hated him for leaving but Clokey has my respect for coming back and playing for 7 10ths of bugger all to help out a mate.
7 goals in his last game against Carlton.

KB wanted him to go on another season but he got reject the offer.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
7 goals in his last game against Carlton.

KB wanted him to go on another season but he got reject the offer.
Was actually 8 Goals.

When he was having a shot from about 30 metres out The Fleabag was running around telling everyone to man up as it may fall short or off the side.
Bloody funny story by The Flea.

Reactions: 3 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Was actually 8 Goals.

When he was having a shot from about 30 metres out The Fleabag was running around telling everyone to man up as it may fall short or off the side.
Yeah, I was there. Played on a pretty handy defender in Peter Dean too.

He had a pretty awesome year in 1991. Did he get 9 Brownlow votes in the first 3 games that season?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

To a certain extent he also returned because he wanted to hit the 300 game milestone, and it was highly unlikely that Matthews was going to play him. It wasn’t totally altruistic.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Brando left for a deal he couldn’t refuse But on good terms. Now he is probably not in Hardwick’s plans. It’d be nice to see him back at Richmond, where he belongs.
I think this is the last year of his deal with the Suns.

Not sure if he is the type we want to play for us these days but he would be a great captain of the vfl team and probably a good junior development coach. He is certainly a role model for hard work

Always loved Brando and always want him to do well for the suns, except against us of course. I remember the game at marvel last year and he was on our wing so I was able to watch him closely. He completely out worked Sonsie and hopefully taught him a lesson about gut running and work on the field. He works so hard and just runs continuously both ways.

Reactions: 6 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
it's a shame he's 30, would be a decent fit otherwise.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
it's a shame he's 30, would be a decent fit otherwise.
The thing to be mindful of with Bobble is he was indeed one of our power runners from 2017 to 2019, thus he might also now be feeling some early heaviness in the legs similar to many of our other midfield runners from that group especially at 30.

He might be 30 but he might have the equivalent of 32 Yō legs.

Similar to our other Premiership heroes whose retired whose legs gave out on em.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Hardwick is trying to fast track GC.
He is playing anyone under 23.
Ellis's papers were stamped the minute Hardwick signed for Gc.
Ellis was subbed out against us and the week after started as the Sub & now back in the 2's.
He will 'Choled' at years end.. not sure if any club picks him up.
Better Winger then Langdon

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Was actually 8 Goals.

And that 8 was the most he ever kicked in a single game.
In those last two years at Richmond, he had kicked 3 goals in 42 games before that last one.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yeah, I was there. Played on a pretty handy defender in Peter Dean too.

He had a pretty awesome year in 1991. Did he get 9 Brownlow votes in the first 3 games that season?

And that 8 was the most he ever kicked in a single game.
In those last two years at Richmond, he had kicked 3 goals in 42 games before that last one.

I think he played mostly as a ruck after he came back to us.