Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I'm quite a fan of The Prince.

Dogwick would be mad not to be. Dogwick is rational. (It's reflection that he lacks.) Rioli can make Dogwick an even greater man.

That matters a lot to Dogwick.

Reactions: 5 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Dogwick :ROFLMAO:, very good seen it few times now, the Hyena going threw the bones one more time.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I remember an interview with Wayne Campbell talking about Dusty. His comment was "surely it would be more unusual for a Richmond player who played under Dimma for a long time to not make connection with him when they are here than if they didn't".

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Nah, it's definitely not just me, you only need to look to page 269 & 270 before this story broke to see that there was only 1 game this year that people cared enough about to give him props for.

I think its more that he hasn't been as influential as he has been in prior years, doesn't mean he's only played 1 good game, but has been a bit down, but that doesn't mean he's been crap in the other 5, which is what 1 good game suggests.

Reactions: 1 users

tired'lilah

Tiger Cub
Oct 23, 2023
I think its more that he hasn't been as influential as he has been in prior years, doesn't mean he's only played 1 good game, but has been a bit down, but that doesn't mean he's been crap in the other 5, which is what 1 good game suggests.
Nah, if I wanted to say he's been *smile* lately, then that's what I would have said. Regardless, not being as influential is a fair call, he's definitely not playing at the high standard he's for himself in previous years & we know he can play at... But if Dimma (and everyone else) want to treat him like he's still putting out those performances every week, that definitely won't hurt the trade value.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Love the Prince and would hate to see him leave.

Fabric player for me.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Unpopular opinion but we have gotten the best out of him. It wouldn't be a bad thing to get bank if he did want to go.

Yze will go full rebuild if Baker, Dusty, Shai or Dan leaves.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Unpopular opinion but we have gotten the best out of him. It wouldn't be a bad thing to get bank if he did want to go.

Yze will go full rebuild if Baker, Dusty, Shai or Dan leaves.
Don't think it is unpopular at all, totally agree

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Nah, it's definitely not just me, you only need to look to page 269 & 270 before this story broke to see that there was only 1 game this year that people cared enough about to give him props for.
I've given him votes in five of six games. Reckon he's comfortably top 5-6 of the B&F thus far.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
The only one i would fight to keep is Bolton. If Baker and Rioli and Dusty want to go then good luck to them a off they go. We hold the whip hand in Baker and Rioli so Tigers can and should get quite a good return for them for our rebuild. (dont waste them though)

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I've given him votes in five of six games. Reckon he's comfortably top 5-6 of the B&F thus far.
Just did a quick count in the PRE player or the year thread. Number of posters who have given Daniel a vote in each round (i.e. had him in our top 5 on the day):

R0 - 11 of 35 voters
R1 - 0
R2 - 7 of 33
R3 - 40 of 47 (not sure what the other 7 were watching?!)
R4 - 18 of 30
R5 - 5 of 27

Reactions: 1 user

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
It's a worry. It's one thing for ageing 300-game premiership heroes to shuffle off into the sunset, but when on-field leaders still in their 20s and who would be part of the leadership core over the next five+ years want to check out...

On paper we'd do well out of it but those 'heart and soul' players are more important than an exercise on paper, and part of something special that the club has built over the past decade.

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Hardwick will want Jr next too.

We are going to end up with a lot of high draft picks-
2 for DRioli
2 for Baker
3 for Bolton
0 for Dow
If we tell SOS that Thomson is the brother of ex CARLTON player Paddy I’m sure Steve will be sold.

• Haha

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
It's a worry. It's one thing for ageing 300-game premiership heroes to shuffle off into the sunset, but when on-field leaders still in their 20s and who would be part of the leadership core over the next five+ years want to check out...

On paper we'd do well out of it but those 'heart and soul' players are more important than an exercise on paper, and part of something special that the club has built over the past decade.
yes absolutely and we've seen the likes of North & Hawks suffer from to big a list turnover , those sorts leaving are a risk, but in Seth Campbell, Kaleb Smith , Steely Green ,Kane McAuliffe there might be future leaders (gut feel , and remember how young Trent was when he was given captaincy )
and in a different way Naismith and Pickett will be mature leaders around the club , at training etc , I'm thinking life experience
of course we have Broad , Grimmes , Nank , Lynch , Prestia

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
MJ won't go to the suns. Under hardwick he was battling in and out of the side. Under Yze, he has his confidence back, playing his natural game and getting helpful assistance and instructions. MJ's girlfriend may not want to move north?????