Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers - Daniel Rioli

Brando was out of contract, and there was no way we could match their offer in all good conscience. Daniel’s still got a contract, and he’d be on good coin.
Agree with that.
My post was in reference to leaving was dishonourable.
But say he was offered ridiculous coin. It becomes a reasonable decision.
It doesn't have to be based on our prospects and finals chances.

We can say he owes the footy club but he's paid the price with his body. He owes his family too.
Still I hope he stays

Reactions: 1 users
If he goes I rather ask for luscious or Humphrey in return.
We can't afford to rely on these blokes selecting a quality kid.
They have burnt 25 picks since Higgins
Teams dont like sacrificing their young talent and that effects culture ( Kennedy at Carlton)
They happily throw out the draft picks at GC like it was confetti

If Dan leaves it must be their 2 x 1st rounders only

Teams dont like sacrificing their young talent and that effects culture ( Kennedy at Carlton)
They happily throw out the draft picks at GC like it was confetti

If Dan leaves it must be their 2 x 1st rounders only
Your not getting 2 1st rounders for Rioli

Reactions: 1 user
I guess I should ask why not as I would have thought 2 first rounders is about right.

Essendon paid pick 9 and I think pick 8 the following year for Shield - Rioli is easily of that level.
Spot on. Whilst I think Dan will be a Tiger next year and beyond, he’s contracted until 2027. If GC want him bad enough, cough up 2 x first rounders or *smile* off. Supply and Demand.

Reactions: 3 users
I guess I should ask why not as I would have thought 2 first rounders is about right.

Essendon paid pick 9 and I think pick 8 the following year for Shield - Rioli is easily of that level.
Better. How many Premiership medallions does Shiel have? He’s contracted. If they want him then they’ll have to pay.

When u want something and its not for sale u pay more.. 2 firsts or nothing

Reactions: 3 users
He was terrific a few times and diabolical at others. Will defend and can.

Ball use looks stale.

6Turnover. 1SI.

Kept running but was off.

* Dimma loves Daniel Rioli
* Dimma said he had 80% of his premiership team there already and last year added 4 1st rounders that will be guns
* This year Gold Coast has a top 10 Academy kid in Lombard that played in a VFL premiership last year (and looked bloody good)
* Gold Coast will have to trade out the 1st rounder due to lombard bid and they really dont need any more kids
* Fold Coast main missing party is that fast running small out of defence that has 5-6 years left whilst they are in the window
* Adam Saad was a much inferior player to Dan Rioli and attracted pick #8 with Carlton under no pressure to off load picks
* Saad Was uncontracted and Rioli is in contract until 2027
* If Gold Coast have been wispering in his ear then they will get the deal done and do what they do and pay whats asked

2 x 1st rounder or no deal we keep Daniel Rioli

Reactions: 6 users
* Dimma loves Daniel Rioli
* Dimma said he had 80% of his premiership team there already and last year added 4 1st rounders that will be guns
* This year Gold Coast has a top 10 Academy kid in Lombard that played in a VFL premiership last year (and looked bloody good)
* Gold Coast will have to trade out the 1st rounder due to lombard bid and they really dont need any more kids
* Fold Coast main missing party is that fast running small out of defence that has 5-6 years left whilst they are in the window
* Adam Saad was a much inferior player to Dan Rioli and attracted pick #8 with Carlton under no pressure to off load picks
* Saad Was uncontracted and Rioli is in contract until 2027
* If Gold Coast have been wispering in his ear then they will get the deal done and do what they do and pay whats asked

2 x 1st rounder or no deal we keep Daniel Rioli
Just keep him full stop.

Just keep him full stop.
We cannot afford to lose him. We saw last night what our attack out of D50 looks like when he's not there (his worst game in memory, was he tagged??).

I think he is keen to stay, let's hope we keep him.