Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Two years, horrible injuries. Will be 28 as of round one next year.

Will need some luck. From round 1 next year, to the end of the contract in 29 ( think that’s right) there is rough 110 games.

What’s the under/over on how many he plays? 77.5? Is that too high should it be 67.5?
67.5 out of 110 looks high.

Reckon I’ll be happy with with 55.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Two years, horrible injuries. Will be 28 as of round one next year.

Will need some luck. From round 1 next year, to the end of the contract in 29 ( think that’s right) there is rough 110 games.

What’s the under/over on how many he plays? 77.5? Is that too high should it be 67.5?
Correction, three years of horrific injuries.

His last season at GWS he only played 7 games

This isn't some aberration, this is the Jacob Hopper that we traded a top ten pick for.

And this is Hopper in his 20's, imagine when he hits 30 and beyond. No excuses he needs to start amassing games now because it is not going to get any easier.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Let's face it we bought a lemon. If we get 50 games from him it's a good result worst trade in club history behind Chris Yarran clearly we do zero homework on players or did Luke meehan do the medicals *smile* me. Blair needs to be shot and pissed off to tassie with brendon

• Dislike
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Correction, three years of horrific injuries.

His last season at GWS he only played 7 games

This isn't some aberration, this is the Jacob Hopper that we traded a top ten pick for.

And this is Hopper in his 20's, imagine when he hits 30 and beyond. No excuses he needs to start amassing games now because it is not going to get any easier.
We did not make that trade. That was a trade insisted upon by Hardwick (remember him?), so he could have another crack at glory.

As a collective from the top to the bottom, the football dept of the RFC dropped the ball completely in believing Hardwick’s hype about winning another flag.

He pi#%*sed off when it all fell into a heap and graciously accepted a juicy appointment from the AFL.

The sad irony for most Tiger supporters is that the almost same group of people at the club that took the Tigers to three flags, have taken us to the bottom in three short years.

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users
We did not make that trade. That was a trade insisted upon by Hardwick (remember him?), so he could have another crack at glory.

As a collective from the top to the bottom, the football dept of the RFC dropped the ball completely in believing Hardwick’s hype about winning another flag.

He pi#%*sed off when it all fell into a heap and graciously accepted a juicy appointment from the AFL.

The sad irony for most Tiger supporters is that the almost same group of people at the club that took the Tigers to three flags, have taken us to the bottom in three short years.
1 top 10 pick in 10yrs has nothing to do with it i guess.

Reactions: 1 users

You didn’t expect to stay top 6 did you? Injuries have exacerbated the slide and ia probably going to be a blessing, gets us out of the 7-14 area.
Sydney spent 2 years down the bottom in 2019 and 2020, and you know what, it goes that fast people don’t even remember it…!

Our flags were borne out of bottoming out, this is hard, but it’s ok

Reactions: 6 users
1 top 10 pick in 10yrs has nothing to do with it i guess.
I’m thinking more of the lousy picks taken in the last 5 years that have not come along at all (despite all the discussions on this site) that are having a much more negative impact as to where the side is at the moment.

If the club continues to select small bodied, poorly skilled players that develop in slow increments over too many years I’ll pull out what hair I have left!

What a shame this guy can't seem to get 100% things right with injuries. I think put him away for the year and get him right so we can get 5 seasons out of him. I can't see any other solution based on his last 30 months.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm happy for them to get this guy right.
He's shown he can play but there's no rush here given the season is done.
Just get him fit FFS no matter how long it takes because this continual breaking down thing is useless to us.

Reactions: 12 users
I'm happy for them to get this guy right.
He's shown he can play but there's no rush here given the season is done.
Just get him fit FFS no matter how long it takes because this continual breaking down thing is useless to us.
It is really important. He was so good in the match when he injured the hammy, made a massive difference.

The injuries are terribly disappointing but I have no doubt he can play and be very good for us when on the park.

Reactions: 6 users
It is really important. He was so good in the match when he injured the hammy, made a massive difference.

The injuries are terribly disappointing but I have no doubt he can play and be very good for us when on the park.
We have to get him absolute right as we have 5 more years of him. He would be amazing next to McAuliffe and TT and hopefully add another couple of good midfield picks.

Reactions: 3 users
Starting to look like he is our Hannebery.

Hope not but his first 2 years looking more like it than not.

Reactions: 3 users