Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
I’m backing Hopper to get his body right and be a very good player for us.

Reactions: 19 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Two years, horrible injuries. Will be 28 as of round one next year.

Will need some luck. From round 1 next year, to the end of the contract in 29 ( think that’s right) there is rough 110 games.

What’s the under/over on how many he plays? 77.5? Is that too high should it be 67.5?

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Personally either him or Taranto one of them I would move on.
You back door them like hawthorn back doored Mitchell & Omeara??
How many players have said No to Hawthorn since then?
McKay, Ratonmygear, Shultz, Henry??

You will never get anyone coming over.
Opps Chol maybe

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Two years, horrible injuries. Will be 28 as of round one next year.

Will need some luck. From round 1 next year, to the end of the contract in 29 ( think that’s right) there is rough 110 games.

What’s the under/over on how many he plays? 77.5? Is that too high should it be 67.5?
I'd probably be going 67.5.

I think he'll break down more often as he gets older.

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
West Coast pissed off there physio bloke and brought in the Footscary bloke. Just have a look at west coast especially Yeo and McGovern they look brand new.

We need a change now. Let's give lynch one good year. Prestia Grimes Hopper.
The bloke we have is useless.
How can a club as big as us have sub par high performance people.
Yes 100% true,how the he'll.does a club with 40 million more every year over Geelong not have the best or near enough.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yes 100% true,how the he'll.does a club with 40 million more every year over Geelong not have the best or near enough.
Can you stop going on about club turnover like it means everything. Our turnover would include money received in our investments, not factoring in our expenses. turnover does not equal money to spend on football programs. and then regardless, all clubs are humstrung (maybe pun intended) by the soft cap.

warren1328

Tiger Cub
Mar 18, 2014
I guess I must be in the minority here, but I really like Hopper as a player.
Was happy when we got him and will be a lot happier (as will he) when he gets a decent run with injury.
Could see from the short exposure the other night what a magnet he can be. And don't go on about his disposal, first game for a while, and he's one of the few who will actually lower his eyes to hit up a forward.

Reactions: 11 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
I don’t think anyone is against Hopper as a player, for me it’s what we gave up
In relation to where we’re at list wise.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Was happy when we got him and will be a lot happier (as will he) when he gets a decent run with injury.
Could see from the short exposure the other night what a magnet he can be. And don't go on about his disposal, first game for a while, and he's one of the few who will actually lower his eyes to hit up a forward.
Totally agree. The league is full of examples of players who have had a terrible run with injury then come good. Grimes being one close to home. Melican at Sydney. Linc McCarthy.

Hopper is a terrific player.

Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Absolutely, he and Taranto still have big roles to play as we bring more young mids into the equation.

Hopps will come good for us

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul

I don't think you are, it's just a noisy minority.

Reactions: 5 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Can you stop going on about club turnover like it means everything. Our turnover would include money received in our investments, not factoring in our expenses. turnover does not equal money to spend on football programs. and then regardless, all clubs are humstrung (maybe pun intended) by the soft cap.
No,it's absolutely crucial and without this ,we would he non competitive, when benny arrived we were turning over 32 million ,less than Geelong was,now we are absolutely top 4.
In our premiership years,
Benny Gale, Dusty, Dimma ,Lynch were paid millions, without this they wouldn't be at Richmond, and no flags just like the 90s etc.