Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Talk of him being omitted.

Doubtful. Why put him up yesterday???

They are training tonight. Hopefully there are no injury concerns.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The lure of being close to his family. There is a lot of noise about Freo offering him a contract.
That would be disappointing. We gave him his chance and I recall him stating that he wouldn't play for another club because of that. Don't want to lose him so hopefully that is still the case. I believe he the longer he is in our system the better he will be. Plus we want his kids under F/S rule.

Freo can *smile* off. He was under their noses for years and they ignored him.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
One thing we are good at as a club is looking after our players, if it's better for Marlion to go back West for him and his family we will find a way to make that happen.

Reactions: 7 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
One thing we are good at as a club is looking after our players, if it's better for Marlion to go back West for him and his family we will find a way to make that happen.
I agree. If a player wants to return to his home state for personal and family reasons it would be counter productive trying to block it. Besides, if he does want to go we have trained and instilled value into him for a trade

Reactions: 1 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
I'll believe this when I see it.

Reckon Marlion will be staying around for a few more years.

Unless the Dockers massively over pay. Then I couldn't blame him.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
watched the last couple of minutes of the prelim.

A ball comes in, we are 6 points up,

and Marlion stands in front of a steaming Ladhams.

He leaps in the air to get a hand in the ball, leaving himself completely exposed.

he gets a fist on the ball.

There is no sign whatsoever of him adopting any technique to protect himself whatsoever,

of course.

Reactions: 5 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I love that we’re a club who respects what a player and their family wants. This year would’ve been tougher on him and his family than almost any other player on our list I reckon.

It should get easier from here, but whatever happens he’ll always be a tiger legend.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I love that we’re a club who respects what a player and their family wants. This year would’ve been tougher on him and his family than almost any other player on our list I reckon.

It should get easier from here, but whatever happens he’ll always be a tiger legend.

I think this year may have been one of his easier ones. If we put aside the distance from WA factor aside, this year Marlion has been able to get free housing, free meals, free entertainment, free medical etc for the entire family. Having 4 young kids that's always going to be tough but with the extended family in the hub, that would have made it a lot easier.

While it would have been harder for families with established support networks & family in Melbourne, for Marlion I reckon the Hub was a godsend if the alternative was a locked down family in Melbourne.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I reckon it must have been tough on some of the blokes without a partner or family in the hub.

especially the quieter blokes?

Its purely a guess, a little informed by form, but I reckon its been really tough on Lambo and Danny