Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Marlion Pickett!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If Pickett hadn't started his charge 10m out with everyone fully aware of what was going to happen, he may have gotten away with it. But everyone knew what his intent was the second he started charging.

Was it the correct decision? No, I don't think so when you see what was allowed to happen without a mention or just a fine. But in isolation it was a moment of frustration that ended up an onfield report. 50/50

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
So, now a player can be rubbed out on the basis of potential to cause injury, as per Pickett.
had the potential to cause more serious injury than had resulted.
What injury did he suffer?
What the hell does this imply?
Tackle someone and that could be interpreted as potential!! What a joke this is.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
5 seconds earlier Pickett nearly gets his head taken off. If the bloody umpires were doing their jobs properly then Marlion is playing this week.
FFS no wonder he was frustrated. No wonder our club is frustrated.

Mathieson did this 3 times. Only the one on Baker was paid as a free. Would love to curb stomp Brisbane the next time we play them.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Do i think marlion deserved a week? Yes

do i think the AFL are a bunch of clowns making *smile* up as they go along? yes

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Do i think marlion deserved a week? Yes

do i think the AFL are a bunch of clowns making *smile* up as they go along? yes

Yeah, clearly had to go - he was pissed off and his intentions were clear as he ran the bloke, swinging arm, high, etc etc.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Just a reminder Goldstein got a fine for punching a guy in the head.
What? You mean the one where his eyes never left looking at wrights head and never looked at the ball? The one where he split the guys head enough for the blood to start pouring out? The one where Wright had to leave the field to get patched up? The one where actual damage was caused as opposed to “potentially “ damage?
Nah. Nothing to see there
:mad::mad:

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Yes it was deliberate & crude but it’s just worth a fine. No injury resulted.
'Potential to cause injury?' This is the absolute farce.
The Goldstein punch did cause "further injury" but he only got a fine. Yep that really is consistent :mad: :vomit

• Angry

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
As soon as Plowman didn't get off I knew Marlions fate was sealed.

I suspect there was a call to ensure that Shocking and Christian don't end up looking stupid, but you look at the inconsistencies (even in just 1 week) and its absurd. Talk about making things up as you go.

Walker vs Holman tackles
Goldstein vs Pickett strikes
No strike against Mathiesen on Short

Then bring in the elbow from Fritsch etc and the only consistency in decision making is the inconsistency, much like the umpiring.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Australian Football Landscapes. .... we're their lemon tree and they've been pissin on us for 3 years and all we do is sprout ca$h now!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Fritsch - elbow a bloke in the head - OK
Goldstein - punch a bloke in the head - OK - deemed low impact?
Mumford - drop knees into prone players back - OK
Sheed - swing an arm into Hill's head aggressively when tackling, then rub his head in the ground. - OK

Pickett - aggressively approach someone and tackle/swing arm and take them high - 1 week. He got a week because he approached aggressively. And he has a rep for hard hits??

Mumford is perhaps the biggest sniper in the AFL and he's lauded as a "hard" man. Heard him on yesterday with giggling school girls Maher & Murphy. They were fawning over his aggression. They actually asked him how much he loves it when he gets an opportunity to smash a bloke going for the ball/ in a vulnerable position??? They condone this *smile* actions! Sycophantic wankers.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Take the week and move on.

head down, bum up, win the flag. the only way we can stick it up the AFL.

Reactions: 4 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Fritsch - elbow a bloke in the head - OK
Goldstein - punch a bloke in the head - OK - deemed low impact?
Mumford - drop knees into prone players back - OK
Sheed - swing an arm into Hill's head aggressively when tackling, then rub his head in the ground. - OK

Pickett - aggressively approach someone and tackle/swing arm and take them high - 1 week. He got a week because he approached aggressively. And he has a rep for hard hits??

Mumford is perhaps the biggest sniper in the AFL and he's lauded as a "hard" man. Heard him on yesterday with giggling school girls Maher & Murphy. They were fawning over his aggression. They actually asked him how much he loves it when he gets an opportunity to smash a bloke going for the ball/ in a vulnerable position??? They condone this *smile* actions! Sycophantic wankers.
Lynch did less than 1% of what Mumford has done last year yet the media crucified him like he was a serial killer